Observatorio de seguimiento del cambio global de Sierra Nevada
We are a group of scientist that work at the University of Granada, in southern Spain. We are working in a project called "observatorio del cambio global de Sierra Nevada", whose main aim is to collect information that is useful for environmental managers in order to adapt to the global change (climate change + land use change + loss of biodiversity, etc.). Our task in this project is to develop an information system that should be able to store all the information that is being collected in the field. This information will be "converted" to useful knowledge by means of different algorithms and complex models.
Erzählen Sie uns, wer Sie sind und wen Sie erreichen wollen?
This tool is expected to be browsed by general public, although should give access to other more specific web apps, that are visible only for the specific persons that load data.
We are looking for innovative designs that are able to allow the access to big amount of information through an only “meeting point”. This should be done without overwhelming the user with a web page full of content.
Given the enormous amount of information that we are managing, and the importance of the website for us, we will pay close attention to usability. This means that the design should allow the access to not technically-skilled people.
The designs should be compatible with the attached logo (logo.rar). We are also tempted to say that they should be compatible with other products that we have created (http://www.scribd.com/doc/32239398/…os-basicos). But we are willing to be convinced by your astonishing and amazing designs ;)
Anzahl der Seiten
Beschreibung der Seitentypen
You should design two pages that will make up the wire frame of our webpage. The first one will be the home page and the other one will show news design.
• Home page: It should be visually impressive, showing a general view of all the news that the information system is creating. The way this news are shown must take into account the publication date and the belonging of them to different classes (created by means of tags) Users will be able to filter by different tags and the selection should change the visual aspect of the page. We would love a dynamic and aesthetic design in this page. From this page users should be able to select different tags and they will see only that news regarding the selected tag. This page will also have links to other 4 pages that are not yet defined.
• News page: This page will show the attributes that each news have:
• Publication date
• Several tags
• Body: Includes the contents of the news. It could have maps, animated graphics or text.
The schematic that you can see in the attachedf ile (web_briefing.doc) shows a simplified representation of our information system. It also shows the main ideas of the design we are asking for.
There is not website yet for this tool
• Remap (http://www.bestiario.org/research/remap/). Created by bestiario, it is a well designed page whose structure is similar to what we want. They have several projects that are labeled. User can select tags and see the relationships among different project. However, it is a bit overwhelming for the user, due to the big amount of visual information that is available.
• Google reader play (http://www.google.es/reader/play/?h…item/new/0). We like the way news are displayed.
• FollowTheHashtag (http://www.d-noise.net/follow/). It is an interesting tool that sort lots of tweets and show them as a set of bubbles.