I have attached a file that is a questionnaire. This will help describe what we like and dont like as well as our brand guidelines.
Our website can be seen here:
Our abortive effort can be seen here
As you see from the proper site, what we need to show on the homepage. We need to show
1) Our sponsors (so you an see their logos). Our idea is the logos will be kept in one area of the site that will be like a slide show to appear and disappear a range of logos. So we can avoid the tickertape presentation. The logos are a mix of landscape and portrait.
2) we need a large image area that will be a slideshow. They can be like the abortive attempt or something modern or classy to present the images. They will not be done in Flash. The images will be high resolution images of Venice or collages of past projects.
3) we need to highlight projects in progress, news, our shop, events and registration area.
4) search area
5) venice map
6) the tag line at the top of the site is important.
7) please use current logo
8) ensure contact details are clear
Our key thing is to pull people into the site to either donate or join in an event or find the latest news. The purpose is to raise money but look classical.
We will need templates for
2) content page
4) project page
I have included a potential wireframe for the homepage