Your Design Online
We're Your Design Online (check out our existing site -- it's our company name with a .com :) -- check out our portfolio section especially. We do great work, but looking for some outside help coming up with fresh ideas.
We're always looking for great designers, so the winner of this project is likely to be contacted for future work as well.
We often sell our clients custom designed websites, so it makes sense that our site should be incredibly designed. As mentioned, we value:
- clean design, but creative: clean doesn't need to be bland, and creative doesn't need to be tacky.
- professional, but fun: we should stand out from our competitors about being serious about our business but not about ourselves.
- simplicity: our design should be extremely easy to use and interact with.
Just to be clear, new site must be 2.0 style, clean, professional, but fun and creative. We've attached documents to this project that list sample sites and our comments on what we like/dislike about each.
We typically serve mid- to high-end clients looking for custom design and/or development. Our clients usually have a website already that needs to be taken to the next level in both form and function.
We offer our clients an incredible value for their dollar, and are consistently producing an incredible result.
- copy.doc contains the copy for the home page, and one secondary page
- logo.psd is our logo as it will be displayed on the new site
- notes.pdf contains sample sites and notes about what we like/dislike about each
Website colors should retain the existing scheme (at least the blue, white, and dk gray accent. dk gray text), since brand will stay the same, but colors can be re-priotized.
The main site content should be fixed width, 960px wide, with background that extends to the edge, no matter what size the browser window is set to.
Elements to be included in the site design:
- header with logo (attached)
- uber/top nav (from top-right of existing site)
- rotating graphic image (somewhat small vertically so as not to take too much room on page)
- links at bottom (boilerplate) similar to existing site
- small search bar
- subscribe form
- connect with us: twitter, facebook
- excerpt from latest blog post (titled "Insights from the Team")
- latest post on facebook fan page
- welcome text excerpt (links to more, excerpt from existing site is fine)
- case study excerpt (similar to existing site, links to more, possibly timed rotating)
- list of some services (links to more)
- testimonials (links to more)
- prioritize content, content-based layout
- sidebar on most pages