Visual search company Superfish is building a demonstration website focused on helping users find jewelry products. We need your graphic design skills to build two page types.
Still to be finalized but assume for now it will be something like “JewelryFinder.com, Powered by Superfish”
Superfishhas developed a very robust visual similarity engine that allows a user tochoose or select an image and then be presented with visually identical orsimilar images. We will be developing a demonstration website focused onthousands of jewelry products from hundreds of sellers. This is where we needyour help.
Forsome context and inspiration, here are a few websites out there that use somevisual search technology:
We need two pages built: a homepage and search result page. The home page should include a text search box anda way to navigate to one of the following categories:
- Men’s Watches
Remember,this is a visual search experience so the use of images and graphics isobviously important. It’s also a jewelry search site, so it should somehowconvey trustworthiness, elegance, beauty, and value.
Fromthe home page, the user is taken to a search result page. This is the secondpage for which we need a design. This page should include the followingelements:
- Textsearch box
- Apricing filter where a user can limit the price range of the products they see
- Abreadcrumb navigation element
- Asearch count (e.g. “you are seeing 1-20 of 500”)
- Images(and potentially prices) of the products. These images can be displayed in amatrix or in a scattered layout. That’s up to you and your creativity.
- Arecently viewed tray (see http://www.pixsta.com asan example)
- Aproduct detail area for a selected product. This can appear as a call-outwindow on mouse-over (see http://www.shopstyle.comas an example) or on the side of the page (see http://www.modista.comfor example). This product detail area should include a larger image of theproduct, product name and description, price, and a button to the merchantselling the item
Havefun and I look forward to some really creative approaches. Please email me withquestions to help clarify this task.
I’m looking for designs for the two pages described above.Feel free to send more than one version or approach to the pages.
I particularly care about the display functionality of theuser interface. Therefore, if the mock-up is just a flat layout, I will needsome accompanying narrative to describe how the functionality would work. Forexample, “Products are displayed here. User can mouse over the image, resultingin the following display. If they click on this button, they are taken to thispage…”
Ideally,the design and UI should be so intuitive, powerful, and “cool” that users willeagerly tell all their friends about it!
Designs and approaches that look just like the visual
search websites that are already out there.