"Wazapon!" will be the first groupon-like site in Japan which will be focusing mainly on game related offers. A special deal will be offered every day, which is only valid if certain number of buyers gather together. Deals will cover console, online and mobile games at the first stage, later Wazapon intends to include also special offerings within the entertainment category which suits to the target audience.
Start the contest by submission of Top Page only to determine the right direction and style before proceeding with the other pages
We have a groupon like website shell with a similar layout and structure as most groupon-clones have. We will provide you logos (different color variations) and wireframes of the pages, which shows in detail the adjustments and new elements which need to be added to the basic groupon top page. The other two pages "recent deals" and "coming soon" are quite simple and will use key elements of the main page, so the additional work should be held to minimum
Ideally the target audience will be equal mix of male and female of JAPANESE users, from 18-35 years, interested in games and entertainment products in general.
We expect from you
1. PSDs (so text can be localized) with the necessary graphics you’ve created.
2. Icons and buttons generated by you for this design.
3. All generated graphics should be individual layers and the layers must be well organized into layer folders.
- a professional design which must be minimalistic, clean, polished but also
not too stiff and business like. It is a e-commerce site focusing on entertainment products.
- please focus to set accents with well designed boxes, icons an buttons but please keep elements which are typical for groupon-like sites. Users should recognize immediately, that it is a groupon like site by using similar key elements.
- the design should both attract male and female users. So we do not want too game alike website design, which tends to focus more male users than female. we want a neutral design and the main goal of the website is e-commerce so it should be clean and not too chaotic.
- colors: we prefer brighter colors which match to our logo, the website should not use too many dark colors
- we would like to have design elements which distinguish the sub categories: e.g if someone selects on the drop down menu “Xbox”, this deal detail page should use Xbox elements such as colors (eg. background theme) or letters which indicates that the users is looking at an offer for the Xbox console.
See the attached files to this brief to view the wireframe of the" top page" further wireframes are "recent deals" and "coming soon"
1. There is a drop down which let’s users select the platform, such as Xbox, PSP, PS3.
2. Introduction box, should explain visually how groupon works. Please have a look at the attached capture image (introductionbox.png)
3. Size of main image of the deal of the day will be 438px × 243px, images rotate or can be switched manually by clicking the small icons below
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
http://jp.wazap.com/ is our main website (Japan’s largest game information site) However we want to have a new look and feel for Wazapon. The logo for Wazapon derived from the Wazap logo, but there is no need to to use other elements from the main page.
The below listed websites solely target Japanese users. We have picked some better looking Japanese groupon clones to give you a rough direction but you should not get influenced too much by these examples:
+ simple clean layout, bright colours
+ background, could be an option for Wazapon as well to set small accents with the background theme (see requirements for more details), rather than having a white or simple colored background, we do not like the color selection of minawari though.
+ bright colors and overall impression
- too female oriented for Wazapon