LifeHints is a free service that automatically suggests hints relevant to
your life — even before you know you need them!
Do you have a will? a bypass trust? How long ago was your furnace last cleaned? What's your BMI, and should you try to lower it? As you mark your personal hints complete, you increase your life score, tracking progress against your own goals and various life models.
Think of LifeHints as your on-line mentor, your guardian angel, or simply an educated friend who consistently points you in the right direction as you move through life.
Erzählen Sie uns, wer Sie sind und wen Sie erreichen wollen?
This a a general consumer web site. We believe that women, age 20-45, with children, will be a strong demographic for us, but the appeal should not be exclusive to that group.
In general we want to convey a light, optimistic feel, that's fun to use, and simple yet powerful, with real depth. Visitors should feel comfortable just reading a few hints for fun, or really diving in and using the site in depth.
The new layout/design should:
- Preserve a liquid design (all the pages resize)
- - - Look best at 950-1350px wide
- Keep a light, airy feel
- If anything, look crisper and cleaner
- We like the existing default colors, but feel free to change
- - - See http://www.lifehints.com/user for other supported themes
- The most important things are the recommendations
- - - Ensure the user focuses appropriately
- Support basically the same functionality
- - - OK to completely transform the table into something else
- - - You can even change the logo if you want
- Cannot look like just another me-too site
- Keep a light footprint and be implementable
- - - Don't bother airbrushing in shadowed edges, for example
We'd like to figure out some signature animation to make it really stand out, but that's not part of this job unless you have some idea that impacts the layout. For example, perhaps the recommendation table will rotate to reveal new hints, or fairy dust will swirl to reveal new hints, etc.