We're looking for the design of 2 pages: our home page and a league "stage" page.
Common to both:
- A logo (attached)
- A way of signing in / joining OR that user's name and a link to his profile if he signed in
- Navigation between the major sections of the site - Leagues, Tournaments, Community, More Ultimate, About
The homepage should be 2 columns. One column should be a blog (50-70% of width). The other column should contain an assortment of slots (similar to the slots that exist on the left and right side of the current pada.org homepage, but less ugly :). These slots are adjustable via CMS, but some examples are: upcoming events or announcements, leagues you're playing in, a Twitter feed, recent forum posts.
The league stage page:
This shows the current status of a "stage" of a league (e.g. the regular season or playoffs). I've attached the current version for the redesign of this page. **Do not infer any preferences about desired structure, layout, or style from this page!** It's a glorified database dump. Most styling is from the default CSS of our CMS.
The page should:
- Highlight the "leagues" section of the navigation as outlined above.
- Include breadcrumbs (e.g. Home / Leagues / 2010 Spring Mixed / Regular Season )
- Have sub-navigation for intra-league pages (sample sections: Information, Register, Regular Season, Playoffs, Teams )
- Display standings. Standings are divided into pools. Each pool should list each team, wins, and losses.
- Display the schedule. Schedule has to show date, home team (link), away team (link), field name (link), time. If a game has a score, the score should appear next to the team's name and the winner should be indicated in some fashion. Some users will also see an option to report a score.