Homepage – This should be a simple page that encourages the user to search by one of the three options: Search by Floorplan, Search by Location, Search by Builder.
I would like the domain name and phone number on every page of the site.
Page 2 – Questions Page (This is the page the user will go to if they select “search by floorplan”)
This page should include the following questions. I’m not sure if it’s best to have all these questions on one page or on 2-3 pages.
Here’s the questions (you as a designer can decide what order is best)
1. What style(s) of home are you most interested in (2-story, rambler, luxury home, custom home, townhome, condo.
2. Price Range
3. Square feet
4. Bedrooms (any, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7+)
5. Bathrooms (any, 2, 3, 4, 5+)
6. Garage Size (any, 2, car, 3 car, 4 car)
7. Which county are you most interested (Salt Lake, Utah, Davis, Weber, Cache, Tooele, Wasatch, Summit, Washington)
8. What is your Current Home Status (Own – I must sell before moving, Own – I qualify to build without selling, Rent, Other)
9. Are you willing to live in a community with HOA dues? (Yes, No, Maybe)
10. Master Bedroom Location (Upstairs, Main Level, Any)
11. Ideal move-in date (fill in the blank)
12. Any other things important to you (This should be a blank box with some populated ideas on what the user could insert such as "Single Level Living" or "Kitchen with Island and Greatroom a must!" Those words should disappear when the guest starts typing in this box.)
13. Are you working with a realtor (yes – box to type in name, no, undecided)
Page #3 – Log in Page – This page will be used to register the users so they can save their results favorites and also so the builders model agents have their contact info. (Name, Email, Phone, remember me? Options for new and returning users.)
Page #4 - Results Page
This page should allow the user to see the results of the homes they think are best for them. It will include: save as favorite, floorplan picture, bed, bath, garage, acres, sq. ft., style, share with friends. I think this would be be in some sort of grid that contains the basics and then they click something to see the floorplan in another window. The goal here is that the user can quickly go through her favorites.
Page #5 - Builders Page
If the user wants to suggest a builder we should add to our database this is the page it will come to. Questions for this page (Company Name, Website, contact person, title, phone number, email, builder type [custom, semi-custom, track homes], counties you build in [Salt Lake, Utah, Davis, Weber, Cache, Tooele, Wasatch, Summit, Washington + 20 other counties], house price ranges [$100,000’s; $200,000’s, $300,000’s, $400,000’s, $500,000’s, …6,7,8,9,Millions])