Before reading this, please forgive the somewhat random nature of my thought process....i hope it makes sense in the end. I strongly recommend that you visit our websites and explore them thoroughly to get a handle on our product offering and order process.
1. Home Page for Stoney Creek (SCWP)
This page is where it all begins for our customers. The page needs to grab their attention quickly (most will have come from Google or other search engine after searching for 'wine labels'. 'custom wine labels' or something similar). It should be friendly but thoroughly modern, quickly convey exactly what we do, and inspire confidence in our expertise.
Once it has their attention it should lead them simply and elegantly into the purchasing process.
Check out our current website and you will quickly see that the home page is very cluttered. 6 years ago it was clean and simple but as we have added features and programs over the years it has deteriorated into its current mess. We have also not updated the width of the page in years and with modern monitors it now looks a little ridiculous.
All of the current clutter needs to be tucked away and presented more elegantly, replaced with something more appropriate, or removed altogether.
Our main goal for the new page is to completely rethink the way we present our services and offer a more modern, dynamic interface. We feel that we are too close to the business and the website to objectively assess its failings and improve its ability to attract and retain new customers. We do not wish to restrict your creativity. We want your take on how our home page would best get people excited about our product and encourage them to use us rather than our competitors.
The actual order process and product offering, once a customer starts down the path is fairly solid.
There are a few things we definitely must have on the Home Page
• Call us Toll-Free at: 1.866.858.4453
• A nice big and obvious Starting Point that cannot be missed.
• A large area for us to display pretty pictures and specials...perhaps 5 rotating images with a way to click through them or pause on one...a common feature on websites these days...we will shoot images for this space but may need something appropriate to tide us over.
• A fairly wide design that suits modern monitors (960 pixels?)
• A 'SIgn up for our Newsletter' pod
• A Testimonials pod that contains the feed from Reseller Ratings
• A Socialize pod that contains links to our Facebook Page and other Social Media links
Re the last three items, i really like the way Jenier Teas do this.
Other than these items, we want to see what you think...How you would sell our product...What the latest and greatest websites are showcasing.
ONCE WE HAVE SELECTED FINALISTS FOR THE STONEY CREEK HOME PAGE, WE WILL ASK YOU TO MODIFY THE DESIGN FOR OUR TWO SISTER WEBSITES
2. Home Page for Custom Wine Source
Although CWS has its own domain, it is essentially an extension of the SCWP platform. The product and process is basically the same except that we add wine to the labels. You will see the similarities between CWS if you look at the websites and we would like to maintain this link. Basically, this page will be very similar to the SCWP home page but with the addition of wine.
So, read (1) again, immerse yourself in the website so that you can understand the similarities and differences between the two product offerings, and apply what you learn to this page.
3. Home Page for http://www.customlabelshop.com (CLS). This is a new site we will be launching this spring which will be re-skinned version of SCWP and will sell other types of custom labels - beer, water, jams, canned goods, bath and beauty, etc, etc. Again, it should obviously be a sister site but have a different flavor to the other too. More fun? Targeting women rather than men. Our target customer will be someone making a product that needs nice labels, possibly for sale..think http://www.etsy.com
COLORS: Totally open to ideas on this although SCWP, CWS, and CLS should be instantly distinguishable based on their color schemes.
STYLE: Cutting edge, European....yet friendly. The website will NOT be developed with Flash so the design should not require it in order to meet its potential.
Once we select a winning designer, we will probably have them build out additional template pages for the site