We are looking for a basic home page design.
CafeRelate is a social networking community that supports, nurtures and sustains healthy relationships for couples, married or not.
We need a look and feel for our web site to be launched this summer.
We are asking for one page ( a basic home page)...
CafeRelate is a socialnetworking community that supports, nurtures and sustains healthyrelationships for couples, married or not. It is not a dating site. CafeRelate promotes the idea of helping people who want to growcloser, enjoy life together and share their experience within thecommunity.
Our logo can be found at:
The logo is in black and white...you are welcome to use a color that fits with the palette of your design, again we are looking for earthy tones.
Since the word Cafe is in the name we want to try to incoporate a cafe atmosphere to the theme, we don't want to bias the design much more than that, but if you want to ask for some ideas we have we could provide them via private message. The hope is that you designers can come up with something neater than we do:)
The site will consist of four distinct sections:
- User Profiles - for all members, similar to Facebook profile (pictures, video, and comments)
- Conversations (Forum - bulletin board of subjects, similar to http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
- Chit Chat (Local Feed - A micro blog- similar to a Twitter and Facebook combo feed, max 240 characters)
- Articles (Syndicated Feed - Content from a provider of syndicated blogs e.g. Pluck)Allsections should have a navigation to and from all other sections. Wewould like to get away from the traditional toolbar menu. We arelooking for creative ideas.
However the idea has to be intuitive. We are asking for one page ( a basic home page) but we would like to be able to use a common menu scheme throughout the site. The menu should contain the following item names:
- User Profiles
- Chit Chat
- ArticlesPreferred colors - Warm earth tones; no pastels or primary bright colors.
- Allsections should have a navigation to and from all other sections.
- Wewould like to get away from the traditional toolbar menu. We arelooking for creative ideas. However the idea has to be intuitive.
- Preferred colors - Warm earth tones:
- Simple Web 2.0 feel
- No Cold non-inviting corporate feel
- No Bright colors
- Not Clinical
- No Busy page that is difficult to understand because of text
- No pastels or primary bright colors.