Canyon Mist Vineyards
We are a small family run vineyard in the heart of the Yakima Canyon above the Yakima river in Eastern Washington.
Think Tuscan countryside on a sunny day. The fresh breeze is
scented with smells from the grapes, apricot, pear, peach,and apple
trees. The vines fill nearly 20 of the 30 acre estate up above the Yakima river canyon. A gaggle of geese meanders down the dusty paths, deer roam the hill sides, wildflowers are aplenty, and horses are seen in the distance on neighboring farms. A impressive timber frame home sits as a centerpiece on the Estate.
Here is a link to a picture of the property with a misty canyon in background for you to use:
The purpose of the site is first and foremost, to sell grapes! We want people to come and visit us and buy our u-pick grapes. We are targeting small winemakers, home wine makers, and hobbyist wine makers. Please keep this in mind when designing the site.
The vineyard is a beautiful place to pick grapes, relax the afternoon away while enjoying the beautiful scenery, picnicking, and drinking wine (with
the backdrop of the Yakima Canyon hills).
1. We need a home page designed with a logo in the header, nav bar (we are open to horizontal top or vertical left), small short footer, and color scheme. Just image files of the layout, no html code. The site will have the following in the nav: Home, About, Varietals, Pricing, Blog, and Directions. The home page should have a spot for a brief description of the property, and also a spot for recent news articles or blog postings. A spot dedicated for rotating pictures is also desired.
2. The site should mirror some of the colors of the natural landscape, like greens, bright orange to reddish colors and umbers. Earthy and rustic, calm, tranquil come to mind.
3. The brand name is Canyon Mist Vineyards, and we would like the logo to emphasize the letters CMV somehow. Eventually CMV by itself will serve as an abbreviated logo we can use on stationary and possibly wine bottles in the future.
4. No flash please.
5. We will handle the back end code, but need access to the source
graphics, preferably vector. The site may be WordPress based, but we are still looking into other CMS packages.
6. For overall style, rustic is the goal. Modern is ok too. Whimsical, goofy, funky, formal and stuffy are not desired.