The product creates a MODERN context for an ANCIENT text. "BibleVlog" contains a similar contradiction: classic and modern; timeless and techie. The logo should address this tension, by creating a visual/conceptual balance.
- Balance the tone classic and modern.
- Make sure the words are distinct (specifically when mono)
- If you split the font or font weight - please place the emphasis on "Bible"
- Designs must (also) work as a 'flat' monochromatic design.
- Capture the full concept in the logo. Clever is good.
- Combine common design elements for social, chat, book & video.
- The bible-concept should hit first, and then be contextualized by 'Vlog'.
- BONUS: Create depth and movement that draw the eye into the icon.
SOCIAL BANNER IMAGERY:
Focus imagery on people not technology. The product supports real, in-person relationships. The users meet weekly in homes, parks, cafes and restaurants to 'do life together'.
Also, the vlog content will quickly give the site an organic feel so the branding should match. When selecting imagery look for:
- Normal people in attractive settings (not attractive people).
- Multiple 'plots:. The group(s) should be mingling - not focused on a single speaker.
- Camera: Scenes should be shot from inside the action. I am looking for the 'authentic' feel of a mobile phone video.
SOCIAL BANNER COPY: "In life's context"
For our purposes, 'vlogs' are personality driven, recurring videos - uploaded to the internet. Vloggers are likely to use a phone, webcam, or DSLR. Checkout this video to get a sense for the range and style of a vlog: https://youtu.be/JbiJqTBCQuw
Samsung recently posted a vlogger focused video called 'The Rest of Us'. The video and voiceover highlight the expressive/personal/democratic nature of vlogging. https://youtu.be/JKpeIxh4ScY
Please do NOT submit comps of the band printed on (whatever).
If you would like to embellish your work, feel free to get started on social banners.
We will be highly active with this contest; providing as much constructive feedback and detail as possible. Also, in order to manage submissions, I will decline a lot of designs. Stars mean more then submission count.