PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESIGN BRIEF:
The logo for Prince Waffles needs to be upgraded to a bolder, more visible look, yet it should maintain its regal Old World charm. This is NOT a complete logo redesign. Instead it should be an evolved version of the existing crown and “Prince Waffles” logo.
Packaging currently exists for 5 waffle products under the Prince Waffles brand. We need the boxes redesigned so that all product packaging has an upscale, high quality look and is consistent across the 5 products.
The new box has to pull people standing in the grocery store freezer section over, make them open the freezer door, pick up the box and pop it into their cart. It has to look refined and have high quality feel that conveys authenticity.
Please see Creative Brief for all products and specs.
We’re looking for one central piece of packaging with 5 design variations for our 5 products that will make it easy for us to add more products down the road
We want the front and back of each package designed, including fitting in all the necessary information such as nutrition facts, ingredients, preparation instructions etc. (see attached files.)
On the packaging we have certain things that must be included (such as the nutrition facts, instructions, the weight, etc., please see attachments for these files.)
• We also want to ensure the front calls out
o “No Artificial Colors”
o “No Artificial Flavors”
o “No Preservatives”
o “All Natural”
o “Made in Belgium”
Since 99 Designs utilizes a 2 step system, in the first step we want designs that will help you stand out against the other designers so focus on the logo and how it works with 1 package (while allowing for variation for the final delivered skus.)
In the second step, those who we approve for round 2, you will work on refining the designs while submitting 5 product SKUs for our 5 products.
• The font must maintain a hand written quality, yet be able to read easily against a busy background.
• Our target demographic is attracted to colors that reflect an earthy, healthy, organic look.
• The packaging should have a contemporary, clean line feel.
• The logo must contain the crown element – but please update it and keep the lines clean and modern.
• A note about the crown in the logo: Crowns signify royalty, of course. Crowns and other symbols of the monarchy can get a little heavy at times. Our crown should stand more for quality and a sense of tradition, without feeling stuffy or heavy handed or - heaven forbid - medieval. Think more Princess Kate than Queen Elizabeth. Modern, cool and stylish.
1) 5 full designs with updated logo for packages for our 5 SKUs. This includes all our necessary information on the front and back, including our logo, website, nutritional facts, ingredients etc. (see attached files.)
2) Use the dieline as a template for sizing and layout purposes of how the design will look on the actual box. Front and back of packaging designed for our 5 products. We will need the artwork in Adobe Illustrator and PDF. This will include a final print ready file we can hand over to our packaging company based off the dimensions in the dieline.
3) If there are any specific colors you're using, be sure the designer calls them out as Pantone colors in the artwork. This is from our packaging company and important for consistency from design to print.