As you can see from the files we uploaded, we currently have a bag we are using. There are some elements we love about the bag and others we would like to see changed. Below we have outlined a hierarchy of executional mandatories and executional considerations.
Executional mandatories (must be on bag )
1) Branding: Our branding consists of our logo with our name (The text “Quevos” with the cracked egg shell) and the oval/egg outline which creates the boarder of the current bags. We think this big oval/egg is a great symbol to build our brand around, it should be a prominent component of the bag; however, the oval does not need to be used in the same way as it is on the current bag. Similar to how one knows that a product is Nike when they see the Nike swoosh, we would like people to see the oval/egg and know that this is Quevos.
2) Product Images: The current package does not have a picture of the product on the front-- Egg chips are a new concept to people, it is important that they see what the product looks like before buying it. The current package is not fit for an image of the chips on the front- both the dimensions and the style of the bag make it difficult to include a picture of the chips. We have attached a picture of the chips, we would like to see a visual of the chips on the front of the bag.
3) Made from egg whites: There are many healthy chips out there, but none are made from egg whites. The previous package called Quevos “EGG WHITE CHIPS.” The package does not necessarily need to say Egg White chips, but it should be very clear on the front of the package that the product is made from Egg Whites.
4) Nutritionals: Our bag has 10 grams of protein, 3 net carbs, 120 calories and 6 grams of fiber. These are fantastic nutrition facts and we love how they are prominently displayed on the bag. We would like the nutritionals to be prominently featured on the front of the bag so that every customer knows just how great the nutritionals are.
5) The current package looks high end- it is clean and looks high end. This communicated that the product is from high-quality ingredients and is, therefore, a premium product. The appearance of the package must explain, to some degree, that the product is worth the high price.
Currently, the Quevos logo (file attached- text “Quevos” with cracked egg) is not integrated with the large oval/egg mentioned in point 2 of the “things we liked” section. We would love to see if somehow the oval/egg could play a role in the Quevos logo. One idea a member of our team had was to do something similar to the Doritos logo, which has a big triangle integrated in the logo (see file attached). What we like about Doritos is that they managed to mesh the logo and name, however, this does not mean we would like the logo and name to be meshed in a way that is identical to the way Doritos did it—we would like them to be integrated in a different fashion. We encourage designers to think creatively and use they artistic freedom to mesh the oval/egg shape and name.