We need an exciting wine label for our winery. The name of the winery is "K and A". The challenge for the winning designer is to make a label with "K and A" that is interesting, sophisticated, and attention grabbing. The label should have a modern feel and should reflect a premium brand. While we are interested in any designs that meet the criteria above, we have several suggestions that might inspire the winning designer. K and A are the initials of the husband and wife team that produce the wines and operate the business. The husband and wife team bring different perspectives, different skills, and sometimes opposing forces to the winemaking process. So one idea would be to have a yin/yang theme to the logo. Along those lines we have uploaded some images to give you some ideas of how that might look. We do not want any obvious yin/yang symbols. Rather, we are looking for a more abstract representation of yin and yang.
Ideas for inspiration:
1. The first image below provides a loose concept with an yin/yang representation. The border between the white and black could be vertical, as it is in the example, or could be horizontal. The text might be in a rectangle text box at the bottom rather than in a circle. Also the choice of font and how to stylize and where to place the K and A need to be carefully considered. In this version, the white and black parts of the label might wrap around the bottle and meet on the back of the bottle, so the label. would be 4" tall by approximately 7.25" long.
2. The other idea is to have a standard white label with a smaller artistic representation of "K and A" somewhere on the front (e.g., upper left quadrant) with a description of the wine centered in the middle of the white label (see the downloaded example of the wine label from the EK winery below). That artistic interpretation of "K and A" might involve the yin/yang theme and include red wine (a deep red color) and white wine (straw color) flowing together in a yin/yang representation with K and A in it. Again, we are looking for YOUR artistic interpretation of this idea. The images below do not represent the colors of red and white wine but we included them because the images have depth, and texture, and flow (i.e., they appear fluid) and the imagines might inspire you to create something similar with the colors of red and white wine flowing together. I included the label example from Redtree to suggest that the K and A symbol might be larger and be placed on the top half of the label, with the wording below.
The front of the label should have the following information:
1. A design with an attractive, artistic, and sophisticated rendering of the winery name "K and A" (as noted above)
2. The year of the wine "2018"
3. The varietal of the wine "Petit Verdot"
4. "Colorado Grown / Grand Valley AVA"
5. Please also see the example labels below from EK and Redtree for how that information might be conveyed on the front.
The back of the label should have the standard language from the TTB and a description of the wine (see the example label from Continental Divide Winery).
Good luck and please let me know if you have any questions!!