Hello there you bunch of creative people!
This is Chris and I'm here looking for help with the label design of one of several upcoming products that is near and dear to me.
As mentioned in the company brief, we produce still table water and alkaline table water, but are looking to branch out into functional drinks with added benefits. For us, it's non-negotiable: these need to be scientifically valid drinks that target the world's most common dietary deficiencies, and be all-natural without any GMO, glutten, or anything artificial.
WHAT WE ARE DESIGNING:
We are designing a label design for our new beverage. The product is alkaline water with added magnesium (a common deficiency in our region), aimed at the more premium price range and health-conscious consumers that are looking for a simple hydration source that also helps their daily dietary needs.
BRAND NAME: AMATA (meaning 'loved')
We have a new logo (attached) to go with our new identity. I've also attached several professional images of the bottle design, including dimensions and colors available for it, plus the available caps that can be matched (that's up to you!). In addition to the turquoise and transparent colors shown in the image, the bottle can also be blue-transparent.
The contest is GUARANTEED.
Here are several requirements and clarifications:
• If you're using stock imagery or paid fonts, please let me know! Do keep in mind that we're a Bulgarian company, so you'll need a font that supports the Cyrilic alphabet (our language is alike to Russian).
• Stolen design elements are frowned upon. I used to be a tech journalist, so I know how to reverse-search images and elements, so please don't do it.
• The label can be wraparound type (think Coca-Cola) or partial type (say a horizontal or vertical strip), but NOT sleeve type
– example: http://www.consolidatedlabel.com/im…els-2.jpg).
• The background can be solid, transparent, semi-transparent, or a mix between the two.
DETAILS ON THE LABEL:
• The label should probably mention that the drink is "all-natural" "free of preservatives" and "artificial sweeteners".
• It needs to have space for the mandatory nutritional values table.
• It needs to have space for the mandatory barcode.
• It needs to have the mandatory bottle capacity mentioned somewhere
– 0.5L in this case, or 500ml
• We'll need some space to put in social media icons, website URL, and hopefully marketing copy.
• It needs to feature the attached logo. Whether you use it as is, or play with it (say, as a background or to tweak it a bit) is okay, so long as we have it somewhere on the back in a small size.
• Please choose one of the attached bottle colors and caps in your design.
• I've attached a technical image of the bottle, with some dimensions for your reference.
• The label can be no bigger than 12 centimeters high. That said, we do like large labels, but don't feel limited to just large ones!
• The label can be no longer than 6.4 centimeters (around the bottle)
✰✰ Please review the attachment "Bottle-dimensions-render.PDF" for bottle dimensions
• If you think it appropriate, it's possible to attach a hanging tag to the bottle's neck (example: https://www.botanicalpaperworks.com…_3(1).jpg).
– This is where some of the marketing copy can go, potentially.
Alkaline translates into Алкална, water translates into вода, and Magnesium translates into м/Магнезий. The title should read Алкална вода с магнезий.
These are quite a few, so hopefully you're not feeling disheartened. Delight me, and we can bend a few rules together :-).
In terms of general style, I really have no preferences. It can be retro-looking, modern, minimalist, flat, whatever you feel fits best! You're the expert.
UPDATE: I'll take a risk and link a few labels that I find gorgeous, though I consider these more appropriate for our next-in-line product, which is innovative vitamin water (you haven't seen a product like the one we have in mind, guaranteed. Let's work together on that soon?). I'm not sure as colorful a label for Alkaline + Magnesium water would be appropriate, but, once again, you're the expert!
DESIGNS I LIKE:
- Love the matte white used here, especially in combination with these vibrant colors. The font used with the brand name also literally conveys 'swirl'.
- A pretty decent take, though a bit too familiar. I like the graphic of aloe vera a lot. The font is also fitting.
- A great example of a proper way to use sleeve label (can't use it in this contest, however). Loving the vibrant, colorful graphics of the fruit. Definitely something I'd reach out for on the shelf, if only to check what it is.
- Another, even more modern take on the same drink as above. The graphics used here are great and the layout—simple
- Another great example of the above, though probably my least favorite for this drink.
- Loving the graphics once again! And while they're busy, the layout of the label is definitely simple and to the point.
- Another pretty decent entry. The graphics are nice.
- Both the bottle cap and the design are very distinctive. Very clean and sophisticated. Very feminine—in a good way!
- Absolutely gorgeous use of colors! Liking the matte-like white, too!
- For some reason, makes me think of retro style. Loving the label strip on the cap. Kind of alternative-looking.
- While not jaw-dropping, definitely a very nice entry. Loving the cap label and minimalist layout.
- Gorgeous, non-cliche graphics and a lot of vibrant colors!
- Very distinctive, very bold. I included this one to encourage you folks to let your imagination fly and not feel you have to adhere to a 'safe' style.
- This one is just so sweet and cute! The flat bee graphic is appealing, the layout clean. Overall, very friendly-looking.
- Another example of what I consider to be a simple, flat layout/style. Again with the matte white background, too!
- This one is just wacky. The crazy looking rabbit helps! Not in my top 10, but an interesting approach!
- Simple, yet premium looking. An example of the optional neck label. I like the logo, too. The font is also appropriate.
- Just lovely. Matte, vibrant colors and a simple layout. The boxes here are just gorgeous! I'd love to have something as great. The cap logo is a nice touch, too!
- Simple, with nice graphics. Loving the choice to go for semi-transparency with the background here.
Obviously, these are all over the place, but hopefully they give you some kind of indication as to my taste.
I value creatives' work and will dedicate my time to this project and providing feedback. If you're unsure of something, feel free to ask, regardless of the hour.
Winners will be picked at the end of each round, and not before. Don't worry if you're a latecomer! :-)