For the two lines of wines we need a reusable wine label design. The label for both lines should be similar but still distinguishable. The distinguishing characteristic should be subtle (more details on that below).
Elements that should be included on the label designs
- Logo (logo is a lion and included among the files)
- “Heribert Bayer”
-- this is the name of the producer
-- please note that even though Patrick Bayer is direction the wine production of these two lines of wine, the name included on the label is that of Heribert Bayer.
- The grape variety (text)
-- we need to be able to change the wine grape variety in the provided design for the label ourselves
-- Examples include “Cuvee”, “Blaufränkisch”, “Cabernet Sauvignon”, “Merlot”, etc.
- An optional single or two word description to the grape varierty
-- we need to be able to change this optional description ourselves as well
-- Examples include “Classic”, “Reserve”, “Hochberg”
- The characteristic should be subtle but still recognizable
- Maybe it could be done by using a different font family for the grape variety and optional descriptio, but surely there are other possibilities by slightly different placements of the logo, color differences or the use of simple shapes. We are open to suggestions and count on your creativity =)
- The exact measurement of the labels are
-- width: 12cm
- As you can see in the pdf files for the 3 labels the design needs to extend over the edges for proper printing
- The label needs to be provided as a .psd file so we are able to edit the texts ourselves when needed
Our input to the design
- Naturally we would like the label design to be eye-catching, but not in a flashy way.
- We prefer a clean design that doesn’t include overly complex shapes and elements. The eye should be drawn mainly to the 4 elements (logo, name, variety, extra) listed above.
- In regards to color we have added a link to our website and some images of the three core wines and hope that you can draw inspiration from them. We are open to deviations concerning the color language of our brand as the new lines of wine do represent a generational step forward. In other words we don’t require your suggestions to be overly similar to our current labels.
- The labels will be used exclusively on dark bottles (please see files “bottle of In Signo Leonis.jpg” or “bottle of In Signo Tauri.jpg”)
- The labels will be used mainly for red wines, but occasionally also for white wines (for these we will use the same bottles though, not clear transparent ones)
Description of provided files:
- Labels for the three premium wines
-- Label In Signo Leonis.pdf
-- Label In Signo Sagittarii.pdf
-- Label In Signo Tauri.pdf
- Photos of bottes for the three premium wines
-- Bottle In Signo Leonis.jpg
-- Bottle In Signo Sagittarii.jpg
-- Bottle In Signo Tauri.jpg
- Label for Herzblut limited edition wine
-- Label Herzblut.pdf
-- Herzblut Brochure.pdf