Rise and Shine Inc. was the chosen not-for-profit to deliver the 2018-2019 BTE Program. The organisation is passionate about working to assist young people to rise above adversity and be provided every opportunity to shine.
They are committed to preventing and alleviating the impact of social, economic and locational disadvantage of young people by;
• designing and delivering innovative programs that deliver real outcomes,
• advocacy for young people,
• empowering the voice of disadvantaged and marginalised young people in designing solutions to the issues faced by their generation,
• building the capacity of communities to respond to issues affecting youth such as disengagement and unemployment,
• providing disadvantaged young people with education, training, job opportunities and supports,
• connecting them with those Australians who have the capacity, skills and resources to help them achieve their dreams.
We are delivering a program called Bridge To Employment.
The program has the following aims:
- Academic Enrichment
- Higher Education Exploration/Preparation
- Career Readiness
- Career Exploration
- Mental Wellbeing
Please note participants are aged 14-17 years old so design should cater to this audience.