Description of the brand
Brissenden offers you a vineyard with a difference. Great tasting English Sparkling Wine is produced and the myths of sparkling wine production dispelled. We are a family vineyard, run for the love of wine and fizz and we want to share the experience with all those who want to learn and work with us. Our aim is to share the excitement of exceptional quality English wine, the excitement of the new English wine industry and to offer the chance to get involved in its production. With no stuffiness, secrecy or pretention. Many vineyards brand around coats of arms or crests but we believe the greatness of English Sparkling Wine industry lies not in legacy but in its newness, looking forward to the great adventures that lie ahead.
(please see the blog and instagram for more background)
We’ve taken on a small but established 9 acre vineyard in Kent that already produces good quality grapes – which in previous years have mostly been sold to the very top UK Wineries – and has made excellent sparkling and still wine that has been sold from the door or to the local restaurants.
We are the Holton family, a family of 5 – Tom, Clare, and our children Martha, Jack and Evelyn. Both Tom and Clare’s families are heavily involved in learning the ropes and making the vineyard work! Tom still has a fulltime job and Clare is a full time mum but they are all determined to make this dream come alive.
There is no rush, this is about growing the business in an open and exploratory way, enjoying the experience as we go along.
High quality English sparkling wine, currently retailing at 20 pounds a bottle
White wine, currently retailing at 18 pounds a bottle
Potentially additional high quality rural farmshop items.
Events of all sorts, to get people involved to experience English Wine and winemaking
• Current English Sparkling Wine drinkers
• Supporters of English/local
• Switching current Champagne and prosecco drinkers to our ESW
• Young drinking market 20-30 somethigns, higher disposable income, looking for an experience
• Tourists and locals looking for an experience
• The logo and the bottle label need to reflect the quality and price of English sparkling wine, whilst being simple and unstuffy – we may sell our product at over 25 pounds per bottle and the design needs to support this price point
• We want to steer away from old fashioned crests etc, and be modern without appearing trendy/faddish or flippant/comedic.
• We want to stand out from the traditional, and conservative, existing English Sparkling Wine brands, but do not want boring…like a Ridge!
• We would be happy with a good font design and do not mind whether the logo has words or an image
• This has to be a premium logo and applicable to English Sparkling wine, white wine and wine tours/experiences/apprenticeships.
• Possible image cues – XXXXX
• We won’t be on supermarket shelves due to scale so do not need ‘stand out’ on shelf, but we would like to be unusual in the English Sparkling Wine market ( we want to send a different message to the ESW market – unstuffy).
• We like the Brewdog message – (very similar brand ethos)
What to avoid
Conservative and dark colours (only)