We'd like to create a custom wedding invitation for our upcoming wedding.
Structurally it will be one page/card for the invitation, and another for the schedule of the wedding. Alternatively a folded card would work, but not preferred. See attachment for sample copy & structure.
Some rapid-fire bullets on the design/wedding themes:
- The wedding is in Maine, in October, so we'd love to incorporate themes of the fall and the Maine seacoast
- Overall we've also been using the word rustic a lot in wedding planning
- My fiance says that she likes a color scheme of dark brown font on a beige/sand colored invitation
- I'm thinking that the beige/dark brown would look great but would love to incorporate a third color that's a bit more vibrant/fall colored.... maybe a deep red/wine border? Possibly a two-layered invite with the red behind as a border? Alternatively an eggplant color would work if you think that's better.
- In the attached document you'll see that we'd like some sketch iconography associated somewhere on the invites (i have them at the bottom but up to you where this makes sense). Some ideas for this sketch art would be: lighthouse, sand dollar, lobster, leaf/foliage.
- We're pretty flexible on fonts, whichever you think looks best.
- Other links that we've seen that have a nice look in terms of color scheme and typography to guide your thinking: