I came up with a design for the first issue, and some of the realtors in the guide weren't thrilled with it. They are looking for something more modern. I know that designing the front page is not easy at all, and to please everyone is even harder. But some of the things they mentioned are:
Try to have a modern fresh look, vibrant colors and an outstanding header/logo (I am sure you can get inspiration from glossy beautiful real estate magazines online, or other real estate papers that look brilliant).
- Vibrant colors, especially RED, black, navy, etc… that look good no matter how bad the print is.
- A super clear/crisp/HD photo. I really don’t care what photos we have on the front page, interiors, landscapes, etc., but something really good quality. It would be ideal that the photos represent Osoyoos, but not necessary, we can get photos of gorgeous re-modeled homes/rooms
- Get rid of the oval shape and the photo inside it, it reminds of an old, old magazine.
- The font for the title should be fresh, crisp, modern looking, we can also have 2 fonts, one for Osoyoos and Guide the another for REAL ESTATE, but from the same family so they match.
- As an example, I really like the first page of the guide that Osoyoos Times is trying to print, so maybe we can try to do something similar…