Homepage: I would like the homepage to have a simple design and have RTI Consultants with a logo and then the term "Keeping the government accountable"
About RTI Consultants section
Our Principal Lawyer is Rebecca Murray, LLB(Hons). [potentially a picture]
“I believe accountability and transparency are a fundamental doctrine of a democratic government.”
Rebecca has dedicated her legal career to the public service, specialising in right to information (RTI) and information privacy (IP) law.
Rebecca is well respected within the RTI sector in Queensland and is known for her expert decision making and clear legal advice. Rebecca has experience working in RTI at an agency level at the Department of Environment and Science (DES), processing applications for four major government departments and Ministerial offices. From this practice, she understands the unique difficulties that come with processing RTI applications at a departmental level including, compliance with statutory timeframes and internal briefing requirements. Rebecca has extensive experience dealing with high profile matters, particularly Ministerial, with national media coverage.
Rebecca has also worked in RTI at an appeal level, reviewing decisions made by government agencies at the Office of the Information Commissioner (OIC). Rebecca understands the intricacies of the external review process and submission requirements of the OIC and has written several precedent decisions in RTI including, Campbell and North Burnett Regional Council; Melior Resources Incorporated (Third Party)  QICmr 4 (29 January 2016) and Suskova and Council of the City of Gold Coast  QICmr 31 (27 November 2015).
Rebecca was recently recognised for her work in RTI by the Institute of Public Administration Australia (IPAA) being awarded as one of the top 10 young leaders in the public service in Queensland.
Why work with us?
We believe that RTI is fundamental to the operation of a government and see the importance of this area only growing in the future as the public demand to know more about the decision making of their elected parties. This is clearly evidenced by the increasing numbers of RTI applications made to government departments each year.
Our Principal, Rebecca Murray, set up RTI Consultants with a strong belief that Queensland needs lawyers specialising in this niche area as the complexities of the legislation are often overlooked or misunderstood by large firms.
We work with government bodies on their RTI decision making, providing a range of services that can be tailored to specific files and cases. If you choose to work with RTI Consultants, you will receive expert legal advice and decision making, confidentiality and a personalised service.
We look forward to working with you.
RTI Consultants offer a range of consulting services exclusively to Queensland government departments and ministerial offices including:
• Specialist and timely processing of sensitive and complex RTI and IP applications, from start to finish
• Decision writing services, including applicant and third-party decision notices (processing stages completed by the government)
• Representation of the government in appeals internally, externally and at QCAT
• General RTI and IP processing advice
• Advice on the operation of the RTI Act and IP Act and how they operate in relation to information provided to the government
• RTI officer training on all aspects of the RTI Act and IP Act, tailored according to the requirements of the department
• Creation and drafting of government templates including, initial compliance letters, charges estimate notices, third party consultation, decision notices and third-party decision notices
Each RTI and IP application is different. We offer hourly rates and fixed fee options which can be tailored to the service required.
Rebecca Murray, Principal
Email address -