SaaS Review (website is thesaasreview.com)
I'm a silicon valley technologist with a background in product management and marketing. I'm passionate about building software the enables companies to work better and more efficiently.
It's clear that cloud-based software delivered via the web is the future of business software, yet there's no good website that has user-generated reviews for these products. So I decided to make one. So thesaasreview.com was born.
Software purchasers at small to medium businesses - anyone who might buy a subscription to web based software! This includes freelance designers, small business owners, managers at larger companies.
- "Feel": Imagine walking into an office in your city, and being surprised at how hip and trendy it is. Maybe it's a web design firm or advertising agency. There's a trendy, post-modern design. The people working there are fashionable. The furniture is from Design Within Reach. That's the mood and feel that I would like to convey with this design.
- I really want the logo to say "I'm a Web 2.0 brand". This site will be featured in techcrunch at some point (I hope) - and it should fit in there.
- I would like the logo to include both the test "SaaS Review" as well as some sort of illustration that graphically conveys what we do. A star is one possibility - because the site uses Amazon-style star ratings. Clouds are another since we are all about reviewing cloud computing.
- Please have a look at saas-reviews.heroku.com to see the design of the website. The logo you design will go in the header (where it currently says SaaS review).
- Logo will be displayed at about 90 pixels tall, and I'm flexible on the width. The logo will be used for other purposes as well, so it should look good at different sizes.
- Logo will be used on the website and elsewhere. It should look good against the dark background of the website, or against a white background (it's ok if we need to do a second version for white backgrounds).
- I'll need both a PNG version of the logo as well as the photoshop files.
- The logo should have the words "SaaS Review", no "www" or ".com" or "the".