The Mother Daughter Study
About the Mother Daughter Study:
The study is a joint project in the Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry at Stanford and our grant comes from the National Institute of Mental Health, the world’s leading organization dedicated to mental health research. We are looking at mothers with a history of depression and their daughters (ages 10-14) to understand similarities and differences in how they think and process emotional information. Our long-term goal is to find new pathways to early diagnosis and treatment of depression. The research from this study is already proving to be incredibly for the field of depression research and possible applications for treatment and intervention. Findings from the study have been featured in numerous academic journals as well as in the PBS Special “This Emotional Life.”
We target mother and daughter pairs. Mothers have had a history of depression and daughters are between the ages of 9 and 14. The study takes place at Stanford University so all pairs live in the Northern California Bay Area.
We want to make mother and daughter pairs feel proud of their participation in this highly important research study.
• This logo should be something that makes the mothers and daughters feel good.
• It should not be too cheesy! Remember it also has to appeal to pre-teen and teenage girls.
• It should be family friendly.
• It should not bring up any topics regarding depression.
• Because the study is longitudinal (we track the pairs over 15 years), we want to make sure that our participants have a strong positive memory about our study. Again, because we check in with them every year it is important that our brand is memorable and exciting.
We intend to use the logo on gift bags for the girls, coffee mugs for the moms, thank you cards, mother's day cards and birthday cards. I've attached some images we like.
We would like the file in: Web file format - .jpg
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo