Vague Industries is a solutions company for creative engineering needs. Our tag line is "Innovation from the undefined."
As the company name implies, Vague Industries covers a wide spectrum of products and solutions. We need a corporate logo that inspires confidence, demonstrates innovation, and is ultimately unique.
When I give out my business card which I envision having the logo on one with details & a mini logo on the other, I want it to drip with the idea "We solve problems."
Keywords to inspire your creativity:
- Technology (Computers, Keyboards, Silicon Chips, etc)
- Manufacturing (Factories, Machines, Mills, etc)
- Answers / Solutions
- Mysterious / Unclear
- Separate from the pack
- Tools (Wrenches, Screwdrivers, Saws, etc)
- Speed (Fast, Rapid, Quick, etc)--oo--
Colors that I like for inspiration (don't limit yourself though!):
- Think bold... Think high contrast... Think young.--oo--
Please feel free to submit half-drawn sketches of ideas so we can talk about them and see if its worth pursuing for submission.
A couple of ideas/thoughts that I haven't seen come up but I think would be interesting are:
- Factory variations.. Please be inspired by, but don't copy: http://b.igfish.net/share/factory_1.gif & http://b.igfish.net/share/factory_2.png
- Engineering (Gears?) + Creativity (Light Bulbs?) + Abstraction (Blobs?)
- Pixelated gear or wrench or lightbulb : Pixelated in my mind is "Pixel Art" or art made out of big square pixels of a solid color. Perhaps stylized where not all the pixels are present.
- Sawed off shotgun shooting gears/light bulbs (random thought, but probably wouldn't do well as a favicon)
- Vernier caliper / Outside micrometer ( measuring a blob )
- Adding wings.. like to a gear
- A "Sticky" Logo.. Something that stays with people and is instantly recognizable.
- Show that we're idea people, we build things, and we can do anything.
- Must be unique and not a variant on another company's logo.
- Less colors the better. 3 colors max with no gradients. Must be able to be cleanly silkscreened / vinyl cut. Preference towards ability to silhouette the logo and not lose meaning.
- Minimalistic / Simple / Hip / Trendy / Web-2.0 / Abstract styles are great.
- Must be able to be used and branded as the logo by itself, or combined with the words "Vague Industries"
- Must be able to generate a 1:1 ratio image with the Logo centered for use as Favicons, Avatars, etc. (Doesn't have to be perfectly 1:1, but closer the better)
- Preferred if it will look good as a Favicon
- Bold use of colors. Would be great if it can be reversed/varied based on media.
- Vector graphic image (Illustrator, SVG, etc) w/ a couple color variations (w/ B&W Lineart), Favicon, and Avatar scalings.
- Something that looks just like something someone else has.
- Too many colors
- Nothing too generic