Mission: Empowerment of the community for sustainable individual development and growth.
The aim of Chetana Vikas is to empower individuals in the community to sustainably develop themselves as individuals, as conscious community members and also as global citizens for sustainable development.
Chetana Vikas works in three major areas of rural development:
1. Sustainable agriculture and Natural Resource Management: specifically soil, water and vegetation.
2. Women empowerment: Economic, social, political and personality development.
Chetana Vikas is a non-profit based in Wardha, India.
Objectives and Approaches:
1. Two way approach of building up critical consciousness (Chetana) among people and illumination of through knowledge (Vikas) which in turn, helps raise the consciousness - leading to a two way process of raised level of being.
2. Special emphasis on science and technology by blending modern and traditional knowledge systems.
3. Identify and prioritize problems faced by individuals and develop appropriate solutions based on family and community.
4. Human Resource Development (Knowledge + Attitude + Skills) at all levels in the community: Identify and nurture individual talent and skills.
5. Empower neglected sections of society to take develop and contribute to society; especially women, small farmers and laborers.