Verb Strategy & Creative
A verb is an action word. It has intent and is definitive. Run. Jump. Buy. Sell. These words are clear in their meaning and purpose. Something is being done. Marketing should also be seen as a verb. It too is an action word. It is an intentional act or series of intentional acts. It suggests that a definitive effort is being undertaken. Ever hear someone say that they "Work in Marketing", they are active in the sales process at some level. They are selling- or at least in the business of selling.
For the Verb logo, we would like a graphic and word mark that expresses action, motion, movement and most importantly, intent.
Understand that this logo has to be sophisticated and clean. Innovative and clever. It needs to match the guys who run this shop. This is a very polished operation and requires a logotype that suits them. A lot attention needs to be paid to typography and color theory.
Design inspiration (only) they are fond of Otto Aichers work with pictograms from the 1970’s, the image of the man running out of the blocks has inspired them to use attachment 1 as one of their central images for their upcoming re-launch. This image clearly conveys intent, movement and purpose.
Full brief posted below.
The target market include companies who generate a minimum of $1 million- $50 million in revenue annually and operate in the following areas:
• Technology (IT, software, etc…)
• B2B Businesses (multi-channel, manufacturing, etc…)
• The typical B2B client will engage in a number of advertising tactics such as tradeshows, print advertising, online marketing and direct mail.
• The typical healthcare client will engage in a number of advertising tactics such as seminars, print advertising, online marketing and direct mail.
• The typical technology/ Government client will engage in a number of advertising tactics such as tradeshows/seminars, print advertising, online marketing and direct mail.
The natural colors associated with concrete and roses are grey and red. We are certainly fine with exploring those colors however we are open to including a new color pallet that speaks more to Hope and Inspiration. Green for example may signify renewal and that may be appropriate, etc…
• Feel free to be creative. The logo can be simple and elegant, or elegantly simple, or just working class, as long as it is distinct and recognizable.
• Illustrations are fine but we do not want anything too "cartoonish"
• Logo MUST work in monochrome as well as color, if a color logotype is presented
• Logo MUST work in small as well as large sizes.
• Impeccable typography please - no dingy fonts, we will pay for the font if need be.
• Needs to be scalable – We will use this logotype for everything from a large wall sign, website and t-shirts to business cards. Absolutely no clip art please.
• We will require a full color and black & white high res .jpg, an .eps, a .gif and a .psd (RGB) & (CMYK) psd (layered) so we can separate the images and also be print ready.
• We will also require a stacked or horizontal variation of the logo if the design allows.
• Verb Strategy & Creative will own the logo 100% with no usage by anyone else.
We have open minds - surprise us. We will monitor the page regularly to provide feedback quickly.