We are in desperate need a new logo to give us a simple, clean, professional look and feel. We know you can help!
The PCD Foundation is a voluntary not-for-profit health organization dedicated to raising awareness of Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD), improving the quality of life of affected individuals and families, and working toward improved therapies and ultimately a cure for PCD.
Though the PCDF is very small with very little resources, we need to think and act big! It’s the only way we are going to grow and help more people with this terrible disease.
3 Primary Audiences:
1. 'Patient Group’: Patients, Parents & Caregivers
2. ‘Medical Community’: Professionals & Researchers
3. Donors: Private, Corporate, Individual
1. Simple, clean, professional look
2. Open to new colors i.e. ‘eco friendly’ greens, oranges, tans; blue version fine, too
3. “PCD Foundation” needs to be part of logo, but open to options i.e. PCDF spelled it out in a ‘supporting’ tagline OR, ‘Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia’ w/acronym 'PCD' & 'Foundation'
What we DO want: A logo . . .
1. With a symbol/visual to ‘brand’ PCDF without the long PCD Foundation name. Ideas/approaches to consider:
- While we put forward A ‘lung’ symbol idea, we've gotten a lot of lung-focused submissions & would like to see another approach
- Acronym symbol: http://www.cff.org/
- Not related, but another idea: http://www.feedingamerica.org
- For ‘geeks’, incorporating a visual of ‘cilia’ without making a ‘hairy logo’ - not for the faint of heart. : )
- If you go w/ plain ‘text’ approach: http://www.nephcure.org/
2. With no more than 2 colors
3. That can be used on a variety of ways (business cards, giveaways, etc.)
4. That can stand on its own in black & white, and on dark or light backgrounds without any effects.
What we DON’T want:
1. A symbol/element that every other medical/health related organization uses (i.e. DNA helix indicating a ‘genetic disease’), but we are open to our own ‘version’ of that.
2. Stock images or clip art