Want to be the graphic designer for nexFIT, an innovative fitness product that runs on BlackBerry, iPhone/iPod Touch, and many other mobile devices? Let's start with a logo and go from there...
At mobileXware, we develop applications for mobile devices and are about to launch a full marketing campaign for our fitness product, nexFIT, that offers a complete, full-body workout routine that runs on your cell phone, PDA, or mp3 player. Our initial workout requires no weights or equipment and, hence, can be done anywhere you have your device - at home, in the office, on the road, you name it - yes, even at the gym!
Before going full bore with the campaign, we would like to revamp both our product logo (nexFIT) and company logo (mobileXware) so that they have a unified theme and project an image that will resonate with our target market and fit with our business development strategy. Additionally, we may be looking for some help with our web design and with building icons for our application so there is potential for futher work beyond just the logos.
We have some ideas that have already been developed for the logos and we ask that you please check those out along with the details of our product and company at the following 3 locations:
We invite your creativity and would like to see some diverse submissions with ideas that perhaps we haven't thought of. Here are some general guidelines of what we like so far (and applying some subtle 3-D, shadow, glossy effects might be nice too)
Item 1 - Logos: company (mobileXware) and product (nexFIT)
- The letter 'X' is common to both the product (nexFIT, which was formerly called xFit) and the company (mobileXware) and should be equally identifiable in both
- The letter 'X' also serves as a handy human figure so playing on that idea while incorporating the notion of exercise and fitness would be cool, though not strictly necessary
- Using the initials MXW in the company logo takes advantage of the symmetry so it works rightside up or upside down
- Each of these logos would need to be reproduced at a wide range of sizes, so vector formats are a must (.ai or possibly .svg).
Item 2 - Icons (only if you care to venture there - but at least keep this in mind)
- In addition to the Bodyweight module, we will also be offering other fitness disciplines like Freeweights, Yoga, Pilates, Kettle Bells, Swiss Ball, and many more and we will be looking for small icons that can help a user distinguish amongst these choices. Each of these icons would hopefully be suggestive of the overall nexFIT logo and/or the 'X' figure
- Again, vector images preferred here
- The icons should be easily discernible when rendered at a 57x57 pixel size and will be incorporated into our iPhone product, among other things. This means that the details in the icons will have to be concisely presented and they should play friendly with Apple's auto-glossy icon feature.
- Nothing specific jumps to mind, but we'll try to give feedback if you're whistling up the wrong neck of the woods.