This is my fourth contest.However I do not have a strong idea where to begin to guide you.
Feel free to try anything.We are a fun, interactive band that plays medleys covering the entire spectrum of popular music.
Check our band photo below (but please don't use it in the design).Look at my other six logos to see what I like.Your logo should definitely fit with the other ones I have so far.
Here are some guidelines:
1. This is a WORDMARK. No photos of the band. No major graphic components please. Subtle graphical elements are encouraged. Show me a design where the words "The Distractions" are the most important feature.
2. Colourful and fun
3. Yet SOPHISTICATED at the same time
4. Strong, unified coherent 'feeling' behind your design.
5. Keep it classy.. make us look expensive and sophisticated.
6. A logo to me communicates subliminally what we are about. Take the time understand our vibe. Fun, interactive, inclusive, 4 singers, full horn section, latin percussion.. a true show band playing medleys of all the pop hits from 1950s to today. Classy, professional, and expensive. Put it all together, and let me SEE THAT in the wordmark graphic.
7. Solid letterings on a white background are preferred. Break the rule only if you can keep the wordmark prominent, strong and well-balanced.
You will be eliminated without warning if you are off brief.If you don't want to get eliminated, please avoid the following:
1. Amateurish artwork. Show me some cohesion and sophistication.
2. Do NOT put the band photo in the logo.
3. Do NOT show me a logo on a t-shirt, a business card, a travel mug.. JUST show me the wordmark please.
3. Please spell my wordmark correctly. If you can't take the time to spell "The Distractions" accurately, I won't take the time to leave a comment, you will be eliminated.
4. I prefer no no overt musical elements unless it's done well.
That's it! Looking forward to your submissions.
Please put your best foot forward and show me the best design you can.
Take the time to read the comments I post on other artists' work. I don't know what I want yet, so I need your help to figure it out.