Some avenues to explore:
- Making the DGR vertical, so that we can emphasize the name "Developing Great Relationships" while having the DGR stand out. The font should be useful both Vertical and Horizontal
- I love unique fonts, and would like to see image elements that represent communication and service incorporated into the words themselves. However, readability is of upmost importance.
- Since we are dealing with relationships, images shouldn't have harsh points, unless we are dealing with 20's type square designs
- I would like the logo to have several aspects that can be isolated and removed (i.e. the DGR, or the graphic element that illustrates communication and serving) and also existing as a whole with a box around it like a stamp
- If using different colors for the font, keep Developing and Relationships the same color, and have great as a different color. Developing and Relationship should be more emphasized though.
We are fond of the acronym DGR and we prioritize church audiences, though we would rather avoid the cliches of crosses etc. Designs should be conducive to mobile devices. Vector images that emphasize service and communication are preferable to include with the name or initials. We don't want to limit the concept too much, and want to leave room for creative interpretation by the designers. If you look up the website, it is awful, but has some information. We will be doing a redesign, based on the new logo. This is our first time with 99designs, so we didn't want to do the guaranteed design, but we are 100% going to be revamping a design. If we like one, we will pick one, and use it all over. We aren't just trying to "get ideas" here. We are actively rebranding.