This is an interesting challenge: a new service I'm developing needs to be sold to Registrars of Voters (the people who run elections in your local towns). Most don't have a lot of internet experience. I'm selling them an online solution, so I need a logo that is "Web 2.0", will catch their eye, but won't scare them away.
oneElection (primary), One Election (secondary)
I need a web and print friendly logo using either the oneElection or One Election form. The logo should be easy to read but iconic. The general audience for this project is late thirties to mid fifties. I enjoy the Web2.0 look but I also need something that will appeal to these less web-friendly types. The logo will primarily be used on the sales page for the product as well as business cards, postcards, and other signage.
- if you can get USA/election colors to work, go for it
- please make the logo iconic: you should know exactly what the service is without 'reading' it
- logo must be web and print friendly
- I would be interested in having a face or graphical persona that I could use elsewhere on the site
- final result should be a piece of vector art
- stay away from anything too sharp or jagged edges (in terms of font)
- please don't vomit all kinds of patriotic stuff over the logo; if it works, it works
- please don't use too many colors (5+ is too many)