Music has heart, soul and history. There are rules, mostly for the sake of breaking them.
You can learn to play a guitar from a website or a DVD, but what do you do once you can play it? MoreThanGuitar.com goes beyond the mechanics of playing guitar. Our goal is to help you learn how to sing while you play, connect with other musicians, form a band, get gigs, and perform at your best once once you get them.
Here you can learn how to set up a sound system, sing in tune, how to pick the right guitar, how to develop good timing, what to carry in your gig bag, and why Mozart was such a big deal. We LOVE questions, even the dumb ones.
Beginner to Advanced lessons (focusing on guitar to start, but will include other instruments down the road)
Band Aide (Tips related to going pro including legal issues, marketing, how-to articles, and stories from those who've made it big)
Community (classifieds, forums, blogs, etc.)
Males between the ages of 18-35 who are not only interested in learning how to play a guitar, bass, ukulele, etc, but also making a career (even if only part time) out of it. The content will focus on beginners through advanced, but the majority of students will be beginner or intermediate.
We are looking for a logo that will encompass the text “More Than Guitar” and a simple rendering of a guitar (see the attached logos for the styles that we like).
Logos should be:
1. Friendly, playful, hip, fun, creative are keywords that the logo should portray. Timeless, classic, or even Retro.
2. Legible, easy to decipher the letters and the name of the company. No flipped or mirrored lettering. No shadows or gradients
3. Versatile & multi-purpose. Has to reproduce well on websites, business cards, pens, letterhead, mugs, clothing, guitar picks, etc.
4. Simple & memorable. Don't get too complicated.
5. Do not copy or make plays on existing logos
6. Must be printable in one color.
7. Transparent/white background
8. Vector format (looks good at 1 inch or 100)
DO NOT use any stock images or clip art. Designs MUST be original.
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Winning design will need to be given as color and black/white. Please include some style guide including font type, and color values.