Hi! We are Meeturn, a social network service with one goal: to make people stop sitting at their computers and bring them together, in real life.
The idea, shortly speaking, is to we host events for groups of strangers: together they are going out to drink in pubs, dance in clubs, eat pizza, go bowling etc. But there is one "but". We do not have a logo :(
What we would like to have, is a design that could be associated with things like: friends, events, partying, having fun, meeting new people, drinking, talking etc. Our target group are people aged between 18-40 years who live in big cities.
Please remember that this is not a dating page (!). It is a social network for meeting groups of people. So, please do not put any lips, cupids etc. in your projects.
The service is called MEETURN from the words "meet" and "turn" (that is, to turn off a computer and to turn towards meeting new people). The site's slogan is "Friends. Offline". You could use the slogan in your logo, but this is not obligatory. The decision is up to you.
What we would be most happy to see are logos with a smart mix of words pictorials. Below, there are some ideas of what we would like to have. For example we turned a letter "T" in the word "MEETURN" into a martini glass. Sadly, it looks more like a "MEEYURN" and, naturally, this does not suit our needs.
We believe that you have what it needs to make a better logo!
Added after 2 days of the contest:
Dear designers! We would like to thank you all for your projects - some are good, some great, but we did not found a winner yet.
After seeing all your works, we have a few fresh thoughts which hopefully could help you in designing:
What we do like :)
1. More simple than complex logos. Just try to write a word "Meeturn" in an interesting (more classic than futuristic) font (maybe you will find some on http://www.dafont.com) - with a little touch of smart graphic!
2. Trying to put different versions of happy faces in "e" letters.
3. Trying to put different versions of cocktail glasses in "t" and "u" letters (!)
4. Remembering that a good logo could not have a very small details.
5. Doing proffesional, Web 2.0 looking stuff (balanced colors, nice edges etc.).
What we do not like :(
1. Amateur looking logos (you can see some in "eliminated" section).
2. Using double dots which causes that letters look like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umlaut…acritic%29 It changes the pronunciation of the word "meeturn".
3. Making too complicated logos. If you want to put some action, try in just one or two letters, not in every letter.
You already know, that we are not very talented in doing graphics. But here are some of our fresh thoughts which you could try to use (it is not obligatory. We would love to see something completely surprising!) in your projects: http://i.imgur.com/DG1FnlA.png
Once again thank you all for your help and participation!