lifealike is a new category of web app which will give people a way to learn about themselves and their options in life by exploring the worklives and experiences of people similar to them. We need a logo!
lifealike (all small letters)
The user experience will be of a fun, friendly, viral community site with a twist. It will have lots of entertaining user-generated content and discussion, interesting data and fun facts. There's some pretty clever math behind the scenes, which means everyone's experience will be personalised and unique. Over time as you continue your conversation with the site, it will become increasingly useful and valuable.
We think of it as a smart but friendly mentor who engages you in an interesting, provocative conversation about your worklife situation and choices, and we need a logo to reflect and embody what we are creating.
Will need PSD, AI files, font names (though fonts ideally rendered as curves). We will need to have all rights worldwide for the winning design.
A bit about the site to guide you:
Tone: your smart but approachable friend
- about me (self-discovery / exploration)
- Genuinely fun but also useful
- Web 2.0, but not geeky (i.e., mass market, not just early adopters)
- Collaborative, people working together
- Advice, guidance, discussion, community
- Friendly, personable
- Clean, modern
- Witty, smart, clever
About the logo:
- Mark/figuration should be an integral part of the name
- But ideally mark elements will be identifiable enough to be used independently over time
Logos we like:
- TUI (one of the cleverest logos anywhere), YouTube, Last.fm, Flickr, Moo, Slide, Mint... plenty of the stuff at http://www.go2web20.net/
Some ideas to start you off (but no need to pick any or all of these):
- pick out ".if...i.." within the name to emphasise the self-exploration theme
- visually distinguish "life" and "alike" (otherwise can be a hard word to read at a single glance)
- bring out explicit metaphor for self-improvement / life journey (climbing, sailing, exploring, etc.)
- Too complex or technical
- Too cliched
- An offline logo that doesn't work on screen - most of the time this will be viewed on a (our) webpage