We want a groovy logo for our new company, Softserv Innovation. The logo is for use in all company documents, including website, letterhead, business cards and other promotional material.
Softserv builds web apps for companies who want to improve communication and collaboration both in-house and with their clients. At Softserv, we understand our clients' business needs. We don't speak techno jargon, and we pride ourselves on being approachable, easy to talk to, fun to work with, and if we may say so ourselves, always up-to-date on the latest trends in our field.
In short, we hang around with the cool kids, but we use fewer acronyms.
We want a logo for a new software company, Softserv Innovation. Although it is a 2-word name, we would like to build the brand around the single word "Softserv".
We like our name, and its wordplay on "software", "server" "service" and of course, ice cream! A logo that incorporates an ice cream cone, or a twist/twirl of soft serve might be cool, but it has to be subtle. It shouldn't be confusing (and see notes about color in the next section).
Here's our working elevator pitch and tagline:
Softserv Innovation helps your business succeed with custom software that makes working together easy for your team and your clients. Softserv's adaptive approach and non-geek-speak take the pain out of building the solution that's right for you.
Your business needs. Our solutions.
Our target is small- to medium-sized businesses who may or may not already have experience contracting custom software solutions.
- a lot of blue and a little red
- web safe, basic colors, #FF0000 and #0000FF are preferred, but don't feel you have to limit yourselves. We I know what I like when we see it, and you're the pro. Teach us!
- If you attempt the ice cream theme, ice cream shop colors might be appropriate, but remember the blue. Does yellow (#ffff66 or #ffff99 -- ie, cone color?) complement the blue here? Again, you're the pro.
- Is there some kind of soft serve ice cream twist/twirl thing you can do with the "ft"?
- Ideally, it is both friendly and professional looking, and please keep it more word than image.
- "Softserv" should be distinguished from "Innovation"
- note there's no "e" on the end of "serv" and no "s" on the end of "innovation"
- It should look good very small, say on the top left of a biz card, one inch wide.
- It should look good with the color removed (ie, after it's been faxed!)
- svg master wanted
- Please don't stack the words "soft" and "serv", or capitalize the "s" in "serv"
- Regarding the ice cream theme suggestion (remember, it's JUST a suggestion; we'll quickly forget it as an idea when we see your exceptionally stunning non-ice-cream idea!)... but, regarding that suggestion, please don't make it more about ice cream than it is about "softserv". Gracias.