We are a real estate company in San Francisco offering the best of both worlds: the full service benefits of a larger company, and the personalized, attentive service of the small office (that we are). We represent current and prospective San Francisco building owners in sales, management, leasing, and investments. With our new logo, we would like to convey that we are professional and trustworthy; a real partner in business.
We chose the name Icon Real Estate for two reasons:
1. San Francisco is a very iconic city, with many famous landmarks. We are interested in logo designs that incorporate a San Franciscan theme.
2. An icon, by definition is a representation. As real estate agents, we represent our clients.
There are two options we are considering for the logo:
1. A word mark: “Icon Real Estate” with no graphic, just simple and clean—but also
stylized in some way so it’s not completely bland. Here are some examples of local real estate
agencies with this type of logo:
2. Incorporate a simple graphic. Again, it should be clean, professional, and distinctive. It can be abstract or not. Here is an example of a local real estate agency with this type of logo:
***Please note the following regarding graphics:
a. It would be good if it tied in with real estate or San Francisco.
b. We do not want any variation of a simple box house, a pointed roof roof, or a bunch of non-descript corporate looking buildings.
c. If you incorporate a graphic into one of the letters (i.e. I, C, O, or N), please make sure it still very clearly reads “ICON.”
1. The words “San Francisco” may or may not be included in the logo.
2. A possible slogan we are considering is: “Representing the iconic city of San Francisco.” This may be included in a version of the logo, or just added to appropriate marketing (such as the top of our webpage).
3. Lettering should not be to be too blocky or imposing; we are leaning towards a serif font, but are open to anything clean and interesting.
4. Consider readability. The logo will be seen very small (as on a business card) and very large (as on a sign on the side of a building). Therefore, it needs to be very clear, not overly complex, clean, professional, eye-catching, and memorable.
The logo will be featured in--and change the face of!-- all of our other marketing including business cards, letterheads, website, brochures, postcards, rental forms, For Sale signs, etc., etc. Please have a cohesive theme in mind when designing the logo. We would be interested in continuing to work with the winner of our contest on these other projects. Here is a sample of a consistent marketing package:
Thanks for all of your efforts!