Life in the Rough has grown a lot and I'm looking to give the site a more professional feel as I begin networking and expanding deeper into the world of golf blogging. I'm looking for a logo/header image to complement a re-design effort that I recently started.
Life in the Rough
Life in the Rough is a golf blog where I share my passion for the game. The primary goal is to become a golf pro and share my experiences and things that I learn on the way. The secondary goal is to share tips and information to help others play better and enjoy the game more.
I'd like a header/logo that I can build the new design around.
As you can see from looking at the current blog design at http://www.lifeintherough.com, I used a free Wordpress theme and have since replaced the original header image with something that I cobbled together that appears amateurish and is a sore spot for me. My plan is to redesign the site with a wider layout and a smaller header, with some other differences. You can see what I have in mind here: http://www.lifeintherough.com/testbed. The color scheme is still up in the air, but you can see the location and size that I have in mind for the header. However, that is flexible as well.
There are two ways that I'd like to go with the design. Feel free to explore either path.
- One way I'd go is with something clean, professional, and modern. Something simple, but not to the point of being dull.
- The other way I've been thinking about going is something with more of an antique feeling. The best I can describe that mindset is to imagine for a moment an old country club sitting room with lots of dark mahogany and leather and old photographs of the legends of the game lining the walls. The background pattern on the current site kind of fits in with that theme and may be something that I try to reuse. Something that makes me think of Bobby Jones and Ben Hogan and great players of the past and the long, rich history of golf. If this path is explored, a simple logo may not convey the same feeling, so something more intricate or ornate may be more fitting, but in general, simple is better.Feel free to explore different color schemes, but conservative colors are preferable.
- Either a modern, clean feel, or an antique, historic feel
- Something simple, but not dull
- A somewhat conservative feel (not loud colors, etc.).
- Something that demonstrates my passion for golf (if that's even possible)
- A logo that gives Life in the Rough a distinct identity
- A logo with a lighthearted feel is OK (after all, Life in the Rough is a somewhat mildly self-deprecating title), but nothing cartoonish
- A logo that is versatile and could be used on business cards or golf shirts
- I'd like my passion for the game and its history to shine through.
- No loud colors
- Nothing cartoonish
- The blog title lends itself to the presence of grass (rough), but I'd like it to be played down some. Grass isn't discouraged, but it should be somewhat subtle, and definitely isn't required.