See Project Run
See Project Run is a web application to make freelancers run their projects more openly.
It will be branded as a mixture of fun, professional, and open:
* professional as in we will make sure your data is safe
* professional as in if we were invited over to dinner, you wouldn't be embarrassed
* fun as in we are comfortable enough to make jokes
* open as in if there was a problem, we'd tell you about it instead of blaming someone else
* open as in we will take any feedback seriously and treat you like a person
See Project Run is targeting freelancers who want to run their projects more effectively
* Solo web developers
* Solo web designers
* Small web development agencies (< 25 employees)
* Small web design agencies (< 25 employees)
* Other technology freelancers and creatives
The logo I'm looking for would be:
* Simple with a good amount of whitespace
* Work with a blue, gray, and white color scheme (#1C6997, #666666)
* Work with the "Web 2.0" look and feel but without being excessive
* Able to be scaled to 250px tall and still visible
I'd also like to have the logo incorporate a cartoon dog or puppy character like the old Happy Puppy logo: http://www.thealarmclock.com/mt/arc…h_26m.html. This would help brand the product name better; "See Project Run" like the saying "See Spot Run". Ideally, this character could be expanded on for other sections of the product later (e.g. normal version for the main site, with them reading a book for the blog, with them on the phone for the support site).
I'm undecided about how to include the product name in the logo, so I'm open to ideas.
I've attached a screenshot of the style for the website so you can see how it will look. If you have any questions feel free to comment here, I'll be checking in as often as I can while the contest is running.
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo.