99Designs BrilliantYou finalist instructions
Welcome finalists! We are pleased with the group of designs you submitted, and we are open to further creative ideas. As we look at the various designs, we see there are several elements to the logo design:
1. The emerging human figure
2. The ratio of size between the human figure and the name ‘BrilliantYou’ (i.e. some designs have the figure quite a bit larger, compared to the size of the name ‘BrilliantYou’, than other designs. In still other designs, the figure is relatively smaller compared to the name),
3. The type of font for the name ‘BrilliantYou’.
4. The type of font for the tag line, and its position under the name.
5. The ratio of size between the font for the name ‘BrilliantYou’, and the font for the tag line.
6. What we are calling the ‘swoosh’, or the line that is next to the tag line that is thin on one end and thicker on the other end. We do NOT want lines where the thickness of the line stays the same.
Below are our thoughts for each of these design elements:
1. Emerging human figure
• We like what we see in #222: the angle of the circle, and the shape and motion of the figure with the expanded chest. This shows a feeling of emergence of the figure from a difficult Life Challenge.
• However, we would like to see a small gap between the chest of the figure, and where the circle begins. You can see a gap like this in #135.
2. Ratio of size of figure to size of name ‘BrilliantYou’
• We like the relative size between these two design elements to be similar to what is seen in #135.
3. Font of name ‘BrilliantYou’
• We like the name font in #254 (we think it may be called Kiro?). So far we have not liked italics.
4. Font of tag line
• We like the tag line right justified, with a font and bolding similar to that seen in #221. (We are NOT talking about the ‘swoosh’. That is discussed below).
5. Ratio of size between the font of the name and the font of the tag line
• The ratio seen in #221 is about right, we think.
6. Swoosh shape, length, and color
• The swoosh we like best is like those in #183 and #190. It has the right shape. It begins under the ‘B’ in Brilliant and ends between the ‘i’ and ‘l’ in Brilliant. It should be the same black color and strength as the tag line font and bolding in #221 (see above).
• Please use two major colors, and then only black for the tag line.
• We are open to the use of color gradients or grading if desired, as in the name ‘BrilliantYou’ and the human figure in #254, or as in the human figure in #168 and #188, to create a feeling of depth.
• At this point, we are feeling that our original red and yellow combination does not work so well. We do like a green and blue similar to those in #254. We altered them slightly to come up with Green: 53a81f and Blue: 0f60a3. We would like everyone to submit at least one design with these exact colors. However, we are not married to these colors and we continue to invite new and creative color combinations. For example, we were intrigued by Sri Widya’s willingness to look at fresh colors in #243 and #244.
Good luck to everyone, and we will stay in touch with you all.