Conscious Capitalism Institute
The Conscious Capitalism Institute was founded in 2009 to advance and promote a new way of thinking about and practicing business. This has three elements:
1. Business has a higher purpose that goes beyond profits
2. Businesses are managed for the benefit of all stakeholders, not just shareholders. To represent these stakeholders, we use the acronym SPICE: Society, Partners, Investors, Customers, Employees. Society comes first because it is really the ultimate stakeholder for all businesses.
3. Businesses are led by conscious leaders, who lead by mentoring and motivating, developing and inspiring their people, instead of by command-and-control or purely based on money.
Such businesses create many kinds of wealth: financial social, cultural, environmental, intellectual, physical health, and even spiritual. They also outperform traditional profit-oriented firms by a 9-to-1 ratio over the long term (10 years).
The Conscious Capitalism Institute consists of leading academics, thought leaders and progressive CEOs who are all passionately commited to the idea that business can be a noble profession that can be a tremendous force for good in the world, if practiced in a conscious manner.
Business academics, students, thought leaders, entrepreneurs, established business leaders, public policy decision makers, media.
Conscious capilitalism is about:
7. Win-win-win for all stakeholders
9. Long term
10. Holistic - systems thinking
11. Business as a living ecosystem, not a soulless machine