We are a startup that is taking productivity in a new direction to improve peoples lives. We capture notes, images, geotags, and more, and help people organize and do more with all the snippets of data they capture. These snippets are stored in the cloud and accessible from many devices.
We have been described as a "personal Twitter" and "Mint.com for your life." We aim to be an effortless and elegant solution to data capturing that helps people do more with what they capture; accessible from all major mobile platforms, easy organization with tags, tools that help people analyze their personal data over time, and our ultimate goal is to help people improve their lives and make better decisions by what they learn about themselves.
Our mission is to increase productivity, improve health, and enhancing overall performance and happiness in life. This personal data record keeping has to start somewhere and we've chosen notes as an idea that would easily be understood by many. However, we would like the idea to be more than notes so people can eventually use our system to record all information that wouldn't traditionally be thought of information stored in a note.
Description words for 3 elements of our service:
Catch / Capture / Save
Organize / Find / Manage
Analyze / Learn / Understand
Brand we like:
We are targeting the productivity, self-improvement audience that uses technology to help improve their lives. This can be a wide arrange of people from students to traveling salesmen to engineers. We would like to also appeal to people who want to discover new things about themselves.
The type of audience we are focusing on uses mobile apps with their computers and could be considered partially early adopter crowd. Though, we would like to eventually appeal to the masses.
We are looking for a logo to represent our new "note-taking" system Catch.
1. We are not interested in a note being the primary image of the logo. Though, if it is done in a way that makes sense to our entire mission, we are open to it. Remember, we are more than just a note-taking tool.
2. Nothing too abstract. We would like to use our logo to create graphics to explain our product. Example, Dropbox uses a box which makes sense and they can also use it to illustrate how their product works (by storing files in one place that is accessible anywhere).
3. We don't want anything too detailed or hard to understand. We want people to be able to easily recognize the image and also use it has our mobile icon in app stores.
4. Please do not use a baseball mit or any kind of imagery that may not be understood globally.
5. Logo should look good in black and white and in a variety of colors.
7. Either capital C or lowercase.
8. No shadows
An example of one idea we had: A glass jar (easy idea to store things. Childhood observation by catching a bug and observing, etc). It is smart, clean, simple.
Feel free to experiment with colors and ideas! We want to be inspired.
Files we'd like to see:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo