Hello designers. My name is Adam, I am an avid road and mountain biker (bicycles, not motorcycles) and got into the business of selling high-end bicycle parts about one year ago. I currently sell products through a retail store in California and am now in the process of starting a new company called Pro Bike Supply to sell products on the Internet. I do not manufacture any products, I simply buy the best products in the industry (wheels, handlebars, pedals, cranksets, seats, etc) at wholesale and resell them at retail.
Customers are primarily men between the ages of 18-55. They often have Type A personalities and are successful in their professional careers. They have money to spend. They could easily spend $1000 on the website on small parts for their bicycle simply because their friend just purchased these new parts and because the parts are lighter weight than their current parts. If necessary, they will lie to their wives about how much they're spending on these components :)
These customers are OBSESSED with their sport and their bicycles. They love their bikes, they love upgrading small components on their bikes, they love the customization, and they love showing off their bikes out on the road or on the trail. They have a lot of PRIDE in their bicycle and in their performance on the bicycle. Riding bikes is what these guys do because it allows them to feel like they are breaking out of their normal routine. They get to meet up with the boys and escape responsibility for a few hours.
- The logo should give the impression that there's a large, well-financed company behind this website. A reliable and professional operation.
- Customers often know exactly what they need to purchase. They expect the store to be professional, friendly, and to carry the best parts and selection with good customer service. The logo should instill this confidence while looking cool and rugged.
- The logo should be attractive and clean but not too cute. Our customers are not looking for cute.
- The logo will NOT be featured on any products, only on the website. The goal is to develop a cool/trustworthy storefront. I believe this is different than creating a brand which sells it's own products.
- No color scheme has been selected for this website. The website design will be based on the logo.
- The logo will likely show up in advertisements including website banner ads and magazine ads. It needs to be legible when displayed in this context.
- We'd like to see both "Pro Bike Supply" and "probikesupply.com" as options.
I've attached some photos of the types of customers we will have.
Best of luck!