We are looking for a really creative logo and visual identity that will make our Firm stand out in the memories of people who view any element of our marketing materials. We are launching a unique new hedge fund that uses complex statistical methods to provide strong returns to investors while dramatically reducing risk and volatility. This fund caters to high net-worth individuals for whom quality, integrity, warmth and professionalism are of paramount importance. The world of hedge funds is dark and mysterious and that secrecy is sometimes part of the allure. The overall emotion that we want the logo and visual identity to convey to the viewer is of a sophisticated, elegant, elite financial management company.
PRIZE: $400 (Logo) + $200 (Stationery Design + PowerPoint Template)
Odessa Capital Management LLC
We are looking for a logo and an associated visual and thematic identity to reinforce the corporate image of the company. The visual impression created by the logo and theme should convey these feelings to the viewer: 1) Solid/Respectable/Having Integrity 2) Sleek/Professional 3) Providing Exceptional Service. Optional: 4) Dark and Mysterious 5) Scientific/Mathematical/Analytical.
The company manages a hedge fund that uses scientific methods to invest the partners assets for maxium returns at minimum volatility (ups and downs in value). The Managing Partner has a Ph.D in applied mathematics and has developed the methods used over the last 12 years.
- BIGGEST REQUIREMENTS
* We want you to come up with a creative design that focuses on the icon-logo.
* The colors and style are left to your discretion, it should be creative enough like our company.
- We don't have a font in mind and would welcome suggestions for fonts or new/unique fonts. An interesting font would add to the distinctiveness of the identity created.
- Proposed tag line: Confidential, so here are the number of characters: "Xxxxxxxxxxx Vvvvvvvv Ooo B Ffffff Gee"
* The output will need vector format like that produced by
Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. For the print, it should have pantone colors.
- Examples I like: The thematic presence of this site is exciting to me for the rich colors and intensity of the logo. I also like the 3D shading effect. http://www.iconaircraft.com
EXAMPLE: Take a look at this work from a designer on this site who
created this winning entry for an innovative new aircraft company. The
design impressed me on so many levels
- The innovative graphic that incorporated an aviation visual (bird)
with aviation elements (airfoil cross-sections as drawing arcs)
- Color gradation across the page
- Representation of how it would look on stationery and a business card
- Bold color scheme
- Innovative font and font coloring
It does not mean that I necessarily want these elements replicated
in this contest but it does represent the quality of design effort and
creativity that I am hoping to achieve. The overall visual impact is
coherent and compelling.
I COMMIT TO BEING PROMPT IN MY RESPONSES AND GIVING THE CLEAREST POSSIBLE FEEDBACK TO RESPONDING DESIGNERS SO THAT THIS IS A MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL AND ENJOYABLE PROCESS
- Don't want a logo that is derivative or looks like the hundreds of other fund logos.
- Prefer not to have visual variations of OCM as the logo. However if they are super creative that is a possibility. I plan on using the full name of the company on the card with the logo as an inspirational visual accompaniment.
- Prefer not to have Greek themed visuals. If greek themed, then a subtle allusion or invoking of a greek concept rather than a mundane pegasus type visual.
- Prefer abstract / subtle imagery rather than obvious visuals (e.g. no columns, faces, buildings etc)