Things to know about us______________
- Our teachers are all active, working (and sometimes touring) musicians, and we encourage our students to perform! No dusty old teachers who gave up performing 20 years ago to teach Mary Had a Little Lamb.
- We teach guitar, bass, voice, drums, and are soon adding piano -- but guitar is by far our most popular instrument. Currently we don't teach any symphonic or concert band instruments.
- The name "Sense & Color" comes from a Grateful Dead song. From Terrapin Station: "Light the song with sense and color, hold away despair..." (On that note, we're big Grateful Dead and Phish fans.)
Things we like in a logo_______________
- Clean and professional, but still playful.
- Use the theme of the name! We'd like a logo that excites and appeals to the senses, with plenty of color.
- IMPORTANT: The space above our front door is about six feet wide and two feet tall, so the full logo/name needs to fit in those dimensions.
- We would like some kind of small image incorporated into the logo that we can use separately for merchandise, like guitar picks, the front pocket of a t-shirt, etc.
- This is not an absolute requirement, but I tend to prefer all capital letters, as opposed to capital and lower-case.
NOTE: This is the second time we are running this contest - the first time we had many wonderful results, but we could not fully agree on any one design. So we are running it once more, this time with a guaranteed prize. There WILL be a winning logo chosen! We welcome all finalist entries and designers from the previous contest to resubmit their same designs as a starting point for this new contest if they choose. Thanks so much to everyone for their time!