The City of Mt. Pleasant Office of Downtown Development and the Downtown Events and Promotions Committee is launching a contest to create an updated logo for the district to strengthen its image, improve business opportunities and attract new economic development within the district.
Downtown Mt. Pleasant
Downtown Mt. Pleasant, Michigan is in need of a logo update. . .the current logo, which can be found at http://www.downtownmp.com, was designed about four years ago is far too busy and makes it difficult to reproduce on merchandise such as t-shirts and hats.
We'd like a logo that ties in both our historic character and the vitality of the area. We have more than 135 businesses in our downtown with great events throughout the year and are just steps from Central Michigan University.
You can learn more about downtown Mt. Pleasant by visiting our web site at http://www.downtownmp.com
- Thenew logo should meet the following requirements:· Theorganization name (Downtown Mt. Pleasant) should be included in the finaldesign.
· Thelogo should be immediately identifiable.
· Thelogo should convey the historic character of downtown Mt. Pleasant while incorporatingthe energy and vitality of the community events we put on.
- Would be nice to tie in Central Michigan University in some manner (color?) if possible.
- · Theconcept must be relevant to the organization (Downtown Mt. Pleasant).
· Itmust adapt well to electronic media, printed media, reduction to small sizes, one-colorand full-color, both in positive and negative form (used on light or darkbackgrounds). Also should work well on t-shirts and other merchandise.
· Mustwork both with and without text `www.downtownmp.com'
· Mustbe the original work of the submitter and be free of any copyright or otherintellectual property claims.
· Theabove information is not meant to limit creativity in any way. We are open to awide range of creative solutions.
- no cartoons or hand-drawn characters.
- no mountains. . .as we really don't have any.
- Can't offend any national, cultural or religious sensitivity