diasporaid is a collaborative and action-oriented social platform, focusing on expatriates and their relationship with their hometown and home country, and their responsibility in supporting development therein and assisting their compatriots.
We chose the name diasporaid as a play on words (DiasporAID, DiasporaID) to evoke the concepts of Diaspora + AID, because the platform allows them to help progress and development in their home country, and DiasporaID, or identity, as it connects expatriates with their hometown, peers, heritage and homeland. We also liked the palindromic aspect of the word: Dia spor aiD (Dia in reverse). But we leave the designers the freedom to come up with additional ideas if it represents what we described above. In more detail:
The platform's goals are to reconnect the expatriates with their hometown, or with other expatriates in their city of residence, and to get them involved not only in social and cultural interaction, but also in the development and progress of their country digitally through investment opportunities, crowdfunding, jobs creation, education, support for innovative projects, etc.
The social aspect is also present like any other social network. In that sense, diasporaid can be described as a cross between Facebook, LinkedIn and Kickstarter. There will be a version of this network for several countries.
Some values/keywords to inspire you:
- Digital in the service if culture and heritage
- Connections to one's roots & birthplace
- Global citizenship
- Responsibility towards one's country
- Digital means of collaboration for progress and development
- New models of economy (collaborative economy)
* * * * * * *UPDATE* * * * * * *
- Diaspora means “dispersed”, it is a country’s citizens who live in other countries (expatriates)
- The name diasporaid came from two words: Diaspora + aid (since the expatriates will bring help “aid” to their home country).
- DIASPORAID is a digital platform that seeks to connect diaspora communities together, and to strengthen their ties with their homeland, catalyzing disruption through new means of digital collaboration.
- It aims to drive change and progress, and to democratize engagement with the diaspora.
We are looking for an elegant but modern logo (or logotype), with or without an icon (preferably on the left).
- We prefer flat colors (inspired by Material design, no gradients please).
- Some design trends we like are in the attached files.
Some “feelings” we want to capture:
- Networks and networking.
- Connecting a country’s diaspora with each other all over the world, and with home country.
- Creating a collaboration platform to catalyze business / social interactions between them for the benefit of their home country.