INSECTS - INvertebrate Surveys and Ecological Consultations Towards Sustainability.
INSECTS is a consultancy business aimed at exploring the natural world, providing guidance and assessment to land management practices aiming to promote and protect biodiversity. Our clientele include land managers, policy makers and the general public. We aim to explore the inter-connectedness of various aspects of the environment, including the plants and animals as a whole, to provide the best strategy for maintaining biodiversity within ecosystems.
Our company conducts:
1) Biodiversity assessments - we measure plant and animal diversity within ecosystems and provide comprehensive reports to land managers, policy makers and other interested parties. Through assessment of land management practices we aim to protect and preserve our declining biodiversity to ensure a sustainable future.
2) Agricultural and pest assessments - we conduct assessments of agricultural systems to explore the use of natural vegetation, windbreaks and other remnant vegetation to reduce chemical and herbicidal sprays in the agricultural sector. We also test new chemicals against insects pests with the aim of reducing the number of chemical products on the market, ensuring only the safest and most environmentally friendly products are sold.
Our focus is to understand the environment and its connectedness to ensure we preserve and protect biodiversity.
The target audience is:
1) Land managers (park rangers, catchment management authorities, landcare groups)
2) Policy makers (those making decisions about land management)
3) Community groups (those interested in preserving biodiversity)
4) Agriculture sector (those wishing to enhance natural vegetation for the benefit of production)
5) Chemical companies wishing to test their new chemicals against insect pests with the overall aim of reducing chemical use in the pest industry)
6) General public (who wish to protect and preserve biodiversity).
While targeting specific sectors (mainly the environmental sector) there are other links to chemical and agricultural sectors. Our advantage is that we explore the inter-connectedness of environments, including aspects of the flora and fauna and how they interact. We take a holistic approach to resolving issues in environmental planning and land management for the ultimate goal of preserving biodiversity.
Our ultimate goal is to protect and preserve biodiversity to ensure a sustainable future.
Minimum : INSECTS
Maximum: INSECTS - INvertebrate Surveys and Ecological Consultations Towards Sustainability (in some arrangement/font/colour etc).
Logo: Insect and plant (leaf/flower/bud etc) required in logo.
If an actual insect/plant is to be used, it needs to be scientifically correct to give the company credibility. If the logo is a representation of an insect/plant then it does not need to be scientifically correct. Both must represent Australian species as the company is Australian. Having a European insect will not be acceptable for an Australian Company.
I would like the logo to consider the overall aim of the company which is to protect and preserve biodiversity for a sustainable future.
I am not concerned about colors etc, but ensure the logo works in black and white print as well as color and does not limit use for those with red/green color blindness.
I want something creative, fun and represents biodiversity.
Size: The image will need to be used as the logo for the company from medium to small sizes. I would like a logo for report covers as well as use on letterhead.
Some basic ideas attached. Feel free to be creative and have your own ideas incorporated into the project.
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
PLEASE NOTE: Clip art pictures not acceptable.