1. Please DON'T submit a design which plays on the 'p' and 'd' in 'property development'. I don't want a design based on this concept.
2. My two favourite designs so far based on the concepts they convey are #94 and #136. The two most important things I need to convey through my logo are that the business is about (a) property and (b) development, and these logos reflect this well through the use of a house and a construction crane. Please play on these concepts, but come up with some different ideas for how this can be conveyed through the logo.
3. I need the logo to be simple and fun. Some of the logo designs look too corporate. My website will be educating and inspiring people about property development. I need to create a connection with my audience through a logo which is fun.
1. Please read the brief below before designing a logo.
2. Colours: Please use a combination of a bright blue, white and black (or dark grey).
3. Simpler is better, but please do experiment with adding a glossy effect to the image or creating a 3D effect through very subtle shading. A lot of the designs so far are quite flat.
I need a logo for a website I am launching called The Property Developer, which will be at http://www.thepropertydeveloper.org. The logo will be used on the website and will be the brand identifier. I will also be using the logo on a Twitter page, a Facebook page, and a Linked In page. In the future I will be incorporating the logo on a podcast, on books, as well as any other products I launch.
The logo needs to have the words ‘THE PROPERTY DEVELOPER’.
The website will provide information and guidance on property development / real estate development and self-building your own house, to help those getting into the industry. It is also designed to inspire a new generation of property developers.
Some styles / features that I would like for the logo:
• The logo needs to have the words ‘THE PROPERTY DEVELOPER’.
• The words should be in a sans serif font.
• The logo should have sides of equal length. For example, it should either be square or round.
• It should have sharp, clearly defined lines.
• Simple is better in terms of the logo design and colour.
• Since the logo will also be on a Twitter profile picture and a Facebook group profile picture, there shouldn’t be any small detail on the logo which wouldn’t be visible when the logo is at this size.
• I feel that a maximum of three colours would work best in the logo. These should be single flat colours rather than having gradients.
• I want bold, strong colours. I have suggested either using red or blue in the logo, to be contrasted against blacks / dark greys and whites.
• I like the idea of having a single, flat colour for the background of the logo, much like the logos in the attached document. I don’t want a white background.
• I like the idea of experimenting with having a border round the logo, like the logo for The Property Podcast. Please provide examples of logos with and without a border if you have designed a logo with a solid colour for the background and you think it looks appropriate to have a border.
• I like the idea of incorporating a house and / or various buildings into the logo, so the logo has an association to property. The buildings can be 2D or 3D. Please see examples in attached document.
• The logo should convey a mixture of fun and professionalism, with slightly more fun than professionalism (for example 55% fun and 45% professionalism).
Despite these preferences listed above, I would still very much be interested in any other design ideas you come up with, so please do employ your creative design! If you have something you think looks awesome but which doesn’t fit the brief above in some way, please do still upload. I am open to alternative ideas than what I have suggested above.
One random logo idea I had is to incorporate a construction crane into the logo which is setting in place one of the letters in ‘The Property Developer’, so one of the letters would be at a slight angle. If this is something you think would work in the image then I would be interested in seeing how this would look. However, please do come up with other logo ideas as well.
I have attached some example logos that I like. I give an explanation for each logo as to the features I like about it, and any features I don’t like.
The target audience are:
• People already in the property industry and looking to move into property development; people looking for a career change into property; or people looking to self-build their own home.
• Males and females.
• Relatively well educated, ambitious individuals.
• Ages 20 and up.