WHAT IT WILL CONVEY
I want the logo to project a sense of what we do - child education- without looking childish or silly. We are a group of talented audiologists, therapists, and teachers, and we do serious work. Still, our "constituents" are a bunch of cute kids, so it's got to have some youthful juice to it. Let's see if you can do that!
HOW IT WILL LOOK
The way I envision the logo, it will have the word "Strivright" with a smaller "Auditory Oral School of NY" to the side or underneath. I'd also like to see it with our tagline, "Success begins here," under the logo. That's probably how it will be used on the website and in our print collateral.
LOGOS WE DON'T LIKE
We definitely don't like generic-looking stick figures. They look odd and abstract to me. I have no problem with a picture or figure in the logo, but those ubiquitous nondescript figures like this - http://3.ly/figurine - just don't do it for me.
This is our old logo - http://3.ly/aosny - and, as you can see, it has two nondescript figures in it. We're hoping for something more contemporary in our new logo.
LOGOS WE LIKE
We like clean. We like modern. (We like cake, too, but no cake in the logo, please.)
Font-modern-sans serif is preferred.
We came across these logos for other nonprofits. Don't copy them, but here are a few that made us perk up and say "nice" ...
- http://3.ly/twinparks - playful and professional
- http://3.ly/sylvan - although I don't love the smiley mark, the logo is clean
- http://3.ly/nvoices - kid-friendly but not too childish
WHO WILL BE SEEING THE LOGO
1) Current, previous, and future families of students in our school
2) Donors and friends of the school
3) Doctors, schools, and other professional referral sources